Pluto9 false slay.

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Silent Rebel, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

name of Staff/Player: Plut09

Server: (Which server did this occur on? West, East)

Time of Occurrence: (Make sure you include your timezone) 12:20pm Pacific Time

Reason For Report: (What did he/she do?) I saw pluto9 kill somebody, i asked them if the person was a T or not, because the upper right hand corner had like 7 identified bodies showing and i couldn't distinguish who was who. I then went over to the body to see for myself, but an explosion went off nearby as i was walking towards the body and the explosion sent the body flying, i was unable to find the player. So i killed pluto9 because i couldnt find the body and i never saw him say if the player was a T or not. (later when i was dead, pluto9 told me that he said the body was a T). I was also unable to ever even see the players name who pluto9 originally killed, so i couldnt check the player list to see if it was ID'd or not. These are the reasons i killed pluto9 and he slayed me for it.

Evidence And/Or Witnesses: (Screenshots/Video Recordings/Players That Witnessed The Event) Mangotango, elitekiller, pluto9

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Like I said, this was not a false slay. You shot and killed Pluto some 13 seconds after he killed and ID'd the guy. You can't kill a guy just because you can't find the body. Pluto could have told you if you would have typed and asked. Pluto shouldn't have been killed, because you couldn't find the traitor body; especially not 13 seconds after he killed and ID'd it. If you were really concerned with it, you could have opened your console to check to see who he ID'd.

3. Silent Rebel

It says specifically in the MOTD that shooting towards a player is traitorous. pluto9 did this, and killed someone. I couldn't figure out if the body was an innocent or traitor, so i killed him to be on the safe side. Those 13 seconds were dedicated to me TRYING to figure out if it was a traitor body, because I'm aware it may well could have been. Ater I couldnt find evidence to support that it was a traitor or innocent, I killed pluto9 for killing someone.

4. DocFox

All you would have had to do is pull up the console and check to see who he ID'd. You killed him because of something you neglected to do. You should have been more proactive than reactive. He shot, killed a guy, ID'd the body. You go to check body, body goes away, apparently, and because you can't find it, you kill him...13 seconds later; plenty of time to bring up the console and check the logs if you were that unsure.

We all just had this conversation a week ago.

5. Silent Rebel

I didn't even know that was possible? I don't know enough about garysmod to know that was an option. I guess I'll bring up my main point again, he did something that is on the MOTD under the traitorous acts. I killed him. I got slain. So now you're telling me that mods can slay people for killing someone who did a traitorous act? I don't think it matters whether or not it was 13 seconds later. If someone throws a discombobulator and i take 20 seconds to get to them, then i kill them, it's not rdm. They still threw it, doesn't matter how long it took me to kill them.

6. DocFox

He killed a traitor, ID'd the body, 13 seconds later, you kill him. That, I'm pretty sure is RDM. You were an innocent who killed an innocent who you watched kill a traitor.

7. pluto99

pluto99 Active Member

But what does matter is that i id'd the body, the act of shooting someone is labeled as traitorous for quick reaction. You see someone shooting another player, you shoot them that's how it works. But if i shoot a player then id it and its a traitor i have just progressed the game, that is the point. Even if it was directly after i id it and it was still popping up in the top right corner, i could understand. But 13 seconds to asses the situation, look at my response and then you kill me, Its simply unacceptable. Not only that but after i answered your question in chat you said you missed it, don't you think that if you asked maybe you should pay closer attention for the answer that is on the edge of a life or death situation?

8. Silent Rebel

A kosable act doesn't have a timer or time limit. A kosable act is kosable whether its 2 seconds later or 3 minutes later. Maybe if you disagree, bring it up with highwon or someone who can change the motd.

9. DocFox

I disagree because he killed the guy, ID'd him as a traitor. Then, plenty of time for you to actually ask him about it or look it up in console, you kill him.

10. pluto99

pluto99 Active Member

Silent think about it this way, if IRL you kill someone and a bunch of people see it and he is identified by authorities as a terrorist. And the only reason you killed him was he was stabbing you in the face. Even after all of that you should still be sentenced to death? Doesn't appear very justifiable to me.

11. Silent Rebel

Just because your an admin and you disagree with a rule, doesn't mean you can change it.

Now. That's just non-sense.. Trying to apply real world situations to explain TTT rules..? You would probably be arrested and sentenced for murder. Vigilante work is completely illegal. You're suppose to let police or federal officers handle that sort of stuff, you can't just kill someone because they are a terrorist.

12. DocFox

I'm not disagreeing with the rules. I'm disagreeing with what you did. Mostly everyone else knew that pluto killed a traitor. I recall seeing the Pluto9 found the body of "insert name here." He was a traitor.

13. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

If you shot him right after he ID'd, it would've been fine

but 13 seconds seems pushing it after he ID'd.

Sometimes people are lousy and doesn't check after they ID'd, but as mango and pluto said.. 13 seconds is realllllly pushing it, I can see like 5 seconds.

I would most likely do the same if I was in his position.

14. Silent Rebel

I asked him if the body was a T or not, then i ran up to see myself. An explosion went off and i lost track of the body, and since there were other bodies around, i couldnt tell which one he killed. There were too many bodies being Id'd at once so the right hand corner was flooded with updates. During all the chaos, since i couldn't find the body and i couldnt tell if it was innocent or T, i decided to kill pluto. I find that very justified and completely within the rules.

15. Snak

Snak Banned

It would be nice if we could get a set time on how long is too long after ID'ing a body, because I agree with Mango but I also agree with silent rebel, I've seen people not be slayed afer doing the exact same thing silent did, If we could get a set time on how much time we have it would be nice to prevent future conflicts.

16. Angelx

Unfortunately, I agree with both sides on what they did.

However, there can never be a perfect rule set.

In pluto's view, he slain you because he killed a traitor and ID'd him, and 13 seconds later you shot him, which is completely your fault for not checking in his view.

In Silent's view, you saw pluto killed someone and ID'd, but due to your lack of knowledge on the game you couldn't find out who he ID'd with console. So after trying to find out who he killed but was unsuccessful, you decided to shoot him.

In those cases it's most likely up to admin/mods decision.

The report isn't valid, it's more like rule/situation discussion.

17. DocFox

That's really the big think to take away from this; it's all based on situation. That's why I felt the slay was warranted.

Also, if you can, bind the console to a key; mine is bound to numpad 0. That way, if I am ever unsure, I pull it up to check it out.

18. Angelx

Or do what I always do.

Shoot first, ask later.

When in doubt, shoot them all.

19. Silent Rebel

Wouldn't I have been slain if i didn't even take the time to check..?

20. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

It's a traitorous act to shoot at someone, but you can't kill someone for throwing a grenade 2 minutes later, similar concept for shooting at someone 13 seconds later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.