Player attempted to Ghost

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Bird Head Fred, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On the TTT west server
    ttt_communitybowling (possibly round 3)
    ~9:10 pm Mountain Time
    A player by the name of "Vatora" http://steamcommunity.com/id/vatora
    attempted to ghost with another player, however he sent me the message to "kos" me, instead of another player whom I did not get the name of. Within 1 minute the other player who he ment to send the message to called me out randomly, and without any form of evidence. He also stated this in a very unsure tone of voice.
    proof:
    http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280053338075605564/97C5925128570F21725F874385AF588792D80E6D/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3280053338075606438/84A4AAC9427878B609F1615213EEE51B58F1E381/

If these links do not work, contact me either via comment or steam chat.

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Honestly, this doesn't really seem like ghosting to me since he was just saying KOS Kawaiifu (which was your name in-game). So I don't consider this ghosting in my opinion. However, if an admin disagrees with my decision, then please let me know.

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Ghosting
    • Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of.
    • This includes using in-game private chat, admin chat, steam chat, Skype, TeamSpeak, etc.
    This user did not inform you of any events that were happeing in-game, he simply messaged you says "KOS Yourself(Kawaiifu)".

4. ZeRo

Basically what Sinz is trying to imply here is that any information that he sent to you did not change the course of the gameplay. Nothing unusual happened during that time that would cause suspicion of ghosting. He only pm'ed you to say KOS Kawaiifu (your in-game name). So this is not considered ghosting at all.

However, I will let an admin give his or her input before closing this thread.

5. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

You guys are forgetting half of his report...

6. ZeRo

Hmmm, I did forget about that half. Let me reconsider what I said then. Whoops.

7. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Don't know how I missed that, but that's a very high chance of ghosting. No definite evidence though. Who was the player that called you out afterwards?

8. ZeRo

That's the problem: It could've been coincidence since there weren't a lot of people who were alive (I was present when this happened). So that's why I wouldn't call it ghosting so quickly.

9. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Without being there, how can we prove that Vatora was not alive as well? Wouldn't we be going by word VS word in this case?

10. He was already dead. Also, I was innocent that round.

11. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Do you recall the player that called you out? Carrying out the (assumed)PMed KOS?

12. I hate myself for not knowing this information

13. ZeRo

Did that person kill you? If he did, then we can just use the logs for that information.

14. No, but he was also innocent. He was alive when the round ended (innos won). I hope that helps.

15. ZeRo

Then it was probably a coincidence since it didn't happen again right?

16. Vatora quickly messaged me multiple times trying to "cover up" his story, telling me it wasn't against the rules. Also, I killed myself the round after that.

17. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Do you have photo evidence of that?

18. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Ok, tell me if I'm wrong here. From what I've gathered with what you're saying: Vatora an inno PMed you to kos another inno on accident, he then PMed the guy who eventually killed you, who also was inno?

19. ZeRo

Ummm.... no, he pmed him to kos himself and then another inno coincidentally called a kos on him. However, he didn't kill him. Someone else did.

20. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Well that clears some confusion. Bird Head is Kawaiifu?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.