Approved Pikachu's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Pikachu, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Pikachu
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:52809333
    Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Global ban for "Group Trolling" by @Falcor and @Hyper
    Evidence of Innocence:
    So me and 3 others were banned for what I think is a bullshit ban reason in the first place "Group Trolling.

A 4 week ban on something that is only approved through a discretion based reasoning should first of all not be 4 weeks, especially to others who don't even have a ban history.

My guess on the reasoning behind the ban was due to the fact of RTVing maps which I simply disliked. Why add a rtv system if you are going to be punished by rtving maps I disliked. Also I did not tell a single person to RTV which you can check screen shots. Being banned for rtving maps that most people also rtv'd (because they were bad maps and many already agree on the removal of the selected maps we rtv"

Another thing I went through the rules and I do not see a single thing on whatever "Group Trolling" is, even in the extended rules it does not mention "group trolling" Also the only ban for 4 weeks is RDM and Leave 3rd offence, and Ghosting. So yet again confused by a 4 week ban on something that doesn't even exist in the rules is simply silly.

I'm not sure what I did to be counted as trolling, for I simply played the game, disliked the map. RTVd with 10+ players. And banned.

I would like to see more evidence on how I was trolling before you instantly deny the appeal for whatever reasoning which also shouldn't be allowed by staff which I've seen happen plenty of times.

Also tagging the other 3 that were banned @Sparkyy @MiGGo @Loan Shark

2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Tagging @Falcor and @Hyper since they banned you and tags don't work when you start a thread.

3. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

I have seen this and I will respond ASAP.

4. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Hello @Pikachu, and thank you for taking the time to appeal your ban. I'm sorry for any confusion or misconceptions that may have arisen from this encounter. All evidence can be shown in the spoiler, "Screenshots".

The Story
    Let's start from the beginning. I hopped to EU2 from West because it was already staffed. EU2 seemed all fun and games at first; I can't lie, I enjoyed it. Then a felt like an imaginary switch turned on. The server seemed to be very disruptive and a suspicion began to rise. I managed to pinpoint some users that might be group trolling. Yes, an argument can be that people were just letting me know about rule breaking, but as I mentioned in my first warning. "If any of you want to report something like that, Do so in PMs. Thank you." it still causes a disturbance in the server so report it in a PM [or a report]. Disregarding this message, users still continued to do what I had asked NOT to do. As we changed maps, I noticed that RTV was being used excessively but knowing that 36+ players were present, I took it with a grain of salt. Yes, there were many users spamming chat with "MiGGo to You: RTV RTV RTV", there was no SOLID evidence [like a screenshot] that it was taking place, only a suspicion. I had mentioned this before, but no one seemed to be listening as this was just a reoccurring problem. After a talk with some fellow staff members, I came to the conclusion that group trolling was indeed in the act and so, I carried out protocol and called an admin+ (Falcor) and asked for a ban after presenting my evidence.

Reasoning
    I banned you for "Group Trolling" because of your combined involvement in all of this conundrum. Chat spamming, racial slurs and just overall trolling. You also spammed to provoke a ban (DON'T BAN ME, BRO IT'S A PRANK spam). You were a pretty big part of this offense but we decided to be lenient and let you off with a warning.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The After-Thought
    Personally, I feel that I had moderated to the best of my ability. I carried out the protocol calmly and effectively without losing control. After having a respectful discussion with the participants, @Falcor and I have come to the consensus that your ban will be lifted and voided as well as the rest of the participants in this encounter; @Sparkyy, @MiGGo and @Loan Shark. Please be reminded that this is a serious offense and will not to be taken lightly. Further offenses will be more severe. This is due to the lack of publicity of the definition and protocol for Group Trolling which will be fixed in the near future. I want to mention why you argue about there being nothing about this on the MOTD, thus having little knowledge about it, yet you have already have been banned for group trolling. It just raises an eyebrow. Your response will not decrease or increase your existing ban, but it is something to keep in mind. I will be locking this thread, so any extra comments can be done via conversation on the forums or PMs on steam etc. etc.

Falcor has talked with you all privately so your appeal is Accepted!

A master-post of the history of chat during my time on is in the link as follows. Some may be offended from the racial/homophobic slurs, so please tread carefully. Start from the second screenshot and go down until the bottom. The first screenshot posted is the last part of the logs. (Converting it all to Imgur was a horror). Let me know if there is any confusion.
    http://imgur.com/a/aXgZ0
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.