No More Prop Possession

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by DocFox, Jan 9, 2014.

?

Should we take away prop possession?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  1. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I want to suggest that we take out prop possessing as a spectator. I have seen multiple times where a prop has killed someone and, because I am still alive, I miss who the prop was. I know it's something to do as a spectator, but it takes away from core gameplay. I have had to ban two people for this within 2 hours of playing.

2. Instead of taking away prop posession, how about enforce a rule about prop possesion? No killing or hurting players as a prop. Use the same punishment as RDM.

3. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

While this will stop a few cases of RDM, I do not think most players would be very happy if prop possession was removed. I don't think the benefits of removing prop possession outweigh the benefits of having prop possession as a pass time for players who are waiting for the next round to start. Unless we can find something else for dead players to do while waiting, then I don't think prop possession should be removed.

4. DocFox

This is already in the MOTD.

5. DocFox

So, you would rather see dead players pass the time by damaging the living players?

The only benefit is giving them something to do, where all they need to do is ALT+tab and watch youtube videos or something.

6. Is there any way to gather logs of props damaging players and who possesed the prop?

7. DocFox

There is not, which is why I find it difficult. Most of the time, if I see multiple offenders-players that die and do it-I watch them when they are slain. Most of the time, I see them possessing props and then damaging people once again, because they don't know I am spectating them. I have already banned two players for cases like this.

8. That no more than fair as it's clearly stated in the server rules. I was hoping that it would make it easier to track as I've seen these kinds of things happen.

9. DocFox

If there were a way to track prop damage, I would have no problem with prop possession.

10. The Law

Not all players spend there time attempting to prop kill in spectator mode. There are several other activities I've seen, and been apart of. For example: prop races, obstacle courses, possessing objects near players to interact with them, etc. I find it quite funny when a prop comes rolling to my feet, only for me to pick it up and launch it out of the map, or to get surrounded by a whole bunch of possessed props. Also, it's pretty hard too actually hit someone with enough speed to damage the player or kill them. There are very few players who are skilled enough to be able to RDM a player in spectator mode on demand. Most players might go through several hundred tries before they manage to RDM a player in spectator mode. And I haven't seen many cases of players getting RDMed by prop possession, or at least not enough for it to be an issue that needs fixing in my opinion.

Also, not everyone is able to ALT+tab and go watch some Youtube videos. I for one would receive 1000 ping instantly and it would start to effect the sever (I've been kicked before for my high ping). But of course most people aren't going to have as bad internet speeds as I have.

11. DocFox

The unfortunate thing is that even though you are right, Law, all it takes is a good bit of bad players and trolls to ruin things for everyone.

To be honest, I would rather see the punch-o-meter reduced; I think that it's quite OP.

12. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

To be honest Mango, I think removing prop possession would be overkill. There are very few props that have the ability to kill you. Most times, even when players are trying their very hardest to damage you, the will only manage 1 damage. It can be annoyance, but I don't think we should take it out. It gives players something to do while dead.

13. Highwon to the rescue, HERE WE GO

14. Snak

Snak Banned

I mean unless you refund everyone that used points too upgrade there punch0meter, I don't see taking it out happening :p And I mean why give an upgrade like that not expecting people to use it for foul play? It's like giving a murderer a gun that has unlimited ammo and saying "dont kill go kill people now!"

15. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

No.

Make it so props that are possessed either do no damage or ghost through players.

16. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

thats a good idea.

17. The Law

I was going to suggest that props could just ghost through players, but then I thought about how someone could abuse that. A large prop such as a create, or rock could essentially move into a player and hide them from sight.

18. MatthewXD

MatthewXD Member

How about every map has a prop race thing or whatever like in 67th way (the version with the cars) and anyone possessing a prop outside of that area will be slain or kicked or however you want to enforce it. Bam problem solving!

19. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

We would have to edit every single map for this solution to work. Prop possession as a spectator isn't a very big deal in my opinion. I've played on the server 500+ hours and maybe been spectator prop killed once?

20. Cheesus

Cheesus Member

The only thing I hate about prop possession is explosive barrels.