Denied Nevodka's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Nevodka, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevodka

Nevodka Active Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    nevodka
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:37797114
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    The reason given for my ban was " had a look at the demo multiple times, the mines were activated before they stepped near them. The two victims were not looking at the mine when they moved towards it or when they stepped on it."

I have specific screenshots and tick marks showing the mines were indeed looked at prior to explosion by one player in particular other than myself, and yet I was told this was not true by this admin reviewing.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    These screenshots are all of a single player, who also happened to be the one who exploded the first mine. The first two screenshots both quite clearly show the player down at this mine distinguished by its turquoise hue.

The second two screenshots following show the same player, at an earlier time, looking directly at the second mine distinguished by its whiter hue.

In both these instances the player can clearly be seen looking at the mines, within distance of activating them, one in the case and one in the hallway. The admin who issued my ban claimed this was not true.

If these seems too implausible to believe, consider the possibility that this player knew how the mines operated and thus willingly activated the mine in the case and unwittingly assumed the turquoise mine was also activated, and in "deactivating" it prior to passing had actually done the opposite.

In any case this was not a very long ban, but I believe it is important given there is clear plausible deniability here that you distinguish in the rules that simply "[placing] down the mines in the middle of the entrance to the elevator room" on whitehouse is enough to ban somebody, because it should be clear then if this ban is upheld that moving the mines at all is traitorous/you are responsible if they are activated and then stepped on.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

@Wex will respond to this when he can. Until then thank you for being patient!

3. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Currently busy to give a full response but just have a look at this video.

4. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Actually, placing the mines is a traitorous act, especially if you flip them upside down (like the second kill) because you can't really see that it's a mine there, rather you'd think it's a texture glitch since the bottom side of the mines are black. Imagine this in real life. You placed down two mines and got two people killed but said that you didn't activate them but rather they did. If someone did in fact see you placing it, it means that you had the intention to do something with them. Who would place mines randomly without the intention to kill? Plus, you put them in kind of a blind spot where people usually turn left or right (depending on where they are) to go to the elevator room. If they're in the living room, they'd turn left but not expect the mines there. If they were in the corridor, they'd turn right and the same thing would happen. Also, the players that you killed had little experience in the game, let alone the map's mines. How would they know if they were mines?

Also, very mature there [​IMG]

5. Nevodka

Nevodka Active Member

Anywho, regardless of the opinions posted here the ban is up soon, so this can be closed.

However I would still like to hear from an admin about the policy behind the mines here, not some random player's, thank you.

6. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Sorry for the late response, I've been busy traveling most of the day.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that there is no specific ruling about this if I recall correctly. My apologies, I should have been more clear in this report (http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-nevodka.25957/).
    I used admins discretion to punish you for this action because you had no valid reason to place down those mines as an innocent. Your actions caused the death of 2 innocents while heavily damaging another.

After discussing with multiple admins, the mines can only be activated when directly looking at it. The mine may have been in the player's screen, but he wasn't directly looking at it. Same goes for the 2nd victim.
    The 2nd mine looked like it could have been a graphical glitch or part of a broken prop so it might have been hard to tell. It was clear that those players had no intentions of activating the mines and killing themselves, they were just trying to move into the elevator room.

Thread Open for 24 hours for discussion.
    Appeal: Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.