Denied Nafasi Ubongo's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Nafasi Ubongo, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nafasi Ubongo

Nafasi Ubongo New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Nafasi Ubongo
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:44363905
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    The round was almost over and the last traitor was AFK so I told one of the living players via PM in hope that it would speed things up. It was also 18 seconds before overtime.

I feel I should be unbanned because this incident is the only time I have ever ghosted and my intentions were pure. I wasn't trying to spoil the game for anybody I had just grown impatient.

2. teadawg1337

teadawg1337 SUPERNATURAL is love, SUPERNATURAL is life VIP

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah, you should never do this. We have a system set up that forces a player to spectate once they've been AFK for a while.

If it was so close to overtime, knowing that you can kill players in overtime, why would you ghost to living players? What if he was about to come back from being AFK? You just ruined his round.

4. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

Hi Nafasi, Slicck here; The mod who banned you.

Since it was not even overtime, I don't see a reason someone would be impatient to the point where they would actually ghost. Even if you guys were getting frustrated, I was there, and I was dead. You could have messaged me and told me that he was afk. After overtime, I could have given him 3 warnings and eventually slayed him if he wasn't already being moved to spectator mode.

There is more than enough proof to justify your ban, and it does not seem like your intentions were pure. You have been here for a while, and I know for a fact that you DID know ghosting was against the rules; even in a situation like this.

With that being said, this appeal has been denied.

In the meantime, feel free to play any of your other 4 servers.

Note: You were not banned off of east, you were banned off of East 2.

I hope you understand the outcome of this situation. Unless you have anything else to say, this report will be locked in 20 minutes. Thank you.

5. Nafasi Ubongo

Nafasi Ubongo New Member

I'm aware of what constitutes ghosting and I'm also aware of the server rules. I understand that this is "Serious TTT" however I underestimated the severity of my actions.

I also understand the ban is only on one server however I can't help but feel the punishment doesn't fit the crime. One month for one round? That is only how I feel.

6. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

One month for one round may feel a little harsh when you look at it from your perspective, but you must understand that this is just protocol. People who have ghosted in a less severe way than you did still got the same ban. Unless the ghosting was unintentional, like if you were simply telling me in admin chat that you were killed by your T buddy and he was still alive, I would kill myself knowing that information and not ban you. In this case, if you look at the screenshots, you clearly knew what you were doing. The ban time for the 1st offense of ghosting is 4 weeks, just like it is for anyone else in your situation.

A global ban for your first time ghosting would be harsh, but that's not the case. You can still play 4 other servers, and even if the ban was reduced, it would still be on your record. You made this appeal and it clearly shows that you want to keep playing our servers, and you CAN do that. Just wait out the ban and play on the other servers.

If an Admin or higher feels like he deserves a reduced ban, feel free to reduce it. If not, then this appeal will be locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.