My two cents

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Squidd, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Squidd

Squidd VIP

EDIT: I just want to preface this with something positive, as my critique is mostly negative. I am still enjoying ym time on SMC and am excited to go home and play all night again. What Im most worried about is juat how long that feeling will last.
    End edit.

Everyone is singing in the same tune right now. The launch was bad, people paid small amounts of money and now they have God tier items. Crates broke the tempo of a normal Survival server harder than you can even imagine.

But what can they do?

Imho, and this is shared by people who have spent money on crates and have played for 8 hours+... restart the server.
    I spoke to Deathbyrussian about this briefly last night. All longevity is gone. Many of us already have all the treasure we'll ever need and more. The growth of the server, economically speaking, is immediately ruined by these crates and kits.

In my situation, I didn't buy a single crate, but already I have about 3 stacks of diamonds. I was able to accelerate this quickly because of the free Diamond Kit and the Community Enchanting table. I no longer have a reason to mine anymore or go through the process of building my own table, which are things that I not only enjoy, but adds lifespan to the server.
    The same thing can be said for the lack of Strongholds and subsequently Wnd portals. My main goal was to rush the End, as a reason to play. But then I learned we get a community portal that isn't enabled yet. Well there goes another goal. Finding the stronghold, gathering the Eyes of Ender was all an immersing part of the experience. Yet another large chunk of the lifespan removed.

As far as the warping commands we have, I'll also list my thoughts.
    /homes is useful, but Carned in his thread is correct that it removed any sense of danger from exploration. I can now wander endlessly into the Nether (and maybe one day into The End) without having to worry about the return trip. This also goes for /rtp and any other warps such as /tpa and /warp market.

/rtp all but discourages me from manually exploring myself. Whenever I need a specific Biome for materials, I can just spam /rtp until I get that Birch forest biome, get what I need, and /home. I have no real reason to go out and tame a horse because I can travel faster using /rtp, as random as it may be.

I could go on and on here. Obviously its no unplayable, but there is a lot to be left desired. At this rate, many of us will get bored within the week and most likely become inactive because we essentially have had our endgame goals removed.

What are your thoughts? If you were the Devs right now, what would be your course of action to not only fix the issues, but save the lifespan of the server.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

To me, its glaringly obvious we tried to mix in both Factions and true survival.

So to fix it, make a factions world and a 100% true survival world.
    And follow the fixes on my thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I've heard from many people currently that this lifespan of the server, gameplay, etc. has been drastically cut and the sense of survival is now more so from the people who've accumulated goods from crates instead of hard work. There's already a distinct 1% and then everyone else, and I would suggest Carned's suggestion as a fix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

When you take damage it stops the teleport perhaps have to buy /home with in game money and make it a 8 second tp as it'd be bad (imo really bad) to remove /home. Fix crates reset all playerdata and money.

5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1 to carned a stuff

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Sage.

Sage. VIP Silver Emerald

Well said. I concur.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jakey

Jakey Member

So...

http://imgur.com/a/rfcMF

Everything circled in pink is against the EULA and the server will (eventually) get blacklisted by (Microsoft or Mojang?) because of this. [Giving people access to certain MyPets might also be against it if they are not cosmetic or are considered as giving an advantage...?]

The EULA is honestly really stupid.

I played this morning and last night and really, really enjoyed it. As long as everything is balanced, I give it a 10/10.

• Like Like x 3