Denied My Cactus Ate Me's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by My Cactus Ate Me, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Cactus Ate Me

My Cactus Ate Me New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    My Cactus Ate Me
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:46579829
    Which Server:
    East2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for RDM and Leave. I did leave, but the RDM part I believe is not actually a good reason to slay me in the first place. So, let's begin. I was a detective, strolling around doing what any detective would do. I was in a small hallway with the other detective, the hallway only wide enough to fit one person in. Then I was shot, and there were 2 people on either side of me (not including the detective). I was looking at the one in front of me, and I didn't see him shoot at all. The other detective (Zombiekitteh, who was an eye witness of this so-called "RDM) started shooting at the one in the front, while I turned around and killed the other man, believing that he was the one who shot me. I searched his body and he was an innocent, and the other man the detective killed was the traitor. The victim reported me, and I accidentally left the report blank. I know, you probably think this is a lie, but I was reported twice, and I must have accidentally pressed the "send my version" button for that one on accident. I meant to let the victim know it was a misunderstanding, and to apologize to him. Then the admin (Sinz) private messaged me asking me why I killed him, and why I left the report blank. I told him basically everything I've said in this appeal. He said that what I did what "RDM" and slayed me the next round. I didn't know about the rule about having to wait the entire round, as I assumed I was allowed to leave after receiving my punishment. Hopefully after reading this, you might disagree with the admin because this was not RDM. I think that if I believe that someone shot me, I can kill them. RDM means Random Deathmatch, and this kill was not at the random. A misunderstanding is not Random Deathmatch.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I don't have any evidence, all I can depend on is people who were on the server at the time like Zombiekitteh, who was right next to me when this whole thing went down. I will say that I am banned for 13 days, because of RDMing and leaving, but I don't even think I should've been slain anyway.​

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

You basically killed the person because you suspected he was the person that shot you; this would be considered killing on suspicion. Our Server Rules show up every time you load into the server and on every map change; by closing it and playing on the server, you show that you acknowledge and fully understand our rules. You were banned for RDM and Leave, but it was for your second offense, which means you are a repeat offender of leaving before the end of your slay round.

The moderator that banned you, @Sinz, will reply at his nearest convenience.

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Hello Cactus! How's it going? I'd just like to quote what MangoTango said:
    I couldn't have said it better myself, & considering this is your 2nd Offense, I'd assume you would have a grasp understanding leaving with a slay is punishable with a ban. Seeing this is the situation, I'm afraid I am denying this appeal. But leaving this open, if you can further prove your innocence.

4. My Cactus Ate Me

My Cactus Ate Me New Member

This is not my second offense, for this is the first time I've ever gotten in trouble on the server. I understand everything else, just that this was not my second offense.

5. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Your adminstats say otherwise.
    [​IMG]

6. Zombiekitteh

Zombiekitteh New Member

Hearing about this through text is not a very accurate way to grasp the situation we were in while this happened. As cactus said, we were in a hallway on the map Lost Temple, in one of those small spiked hallways. In front of us a guy walked out blocking us both in. Behind us another person did the same. The person in front of me started shooting, and hit Cactus, the random behind cactus, and I. This caused some panic between the two people behind me, as I went on to kill the T, I found that cactus had thought the person behind us was the traitor and took the appropriate actions in order to progress through the game. Clearly it was accidental, and since you guys do not have a system worked out for accidental Random killing, cactus got upset, and left after the round started.

If he can not get unbanned, would you please consider lowering the ban time seeing how it was completely accidental, and his lack of intelligence lead to his banning.

7. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Alright, I'm gonna say this to every single person who claims accidental RDM. Accidental RDM = RDM. Regardless of the lack of knowledge, Cactus still killed the person. And it was not solely on accident. He killed with the intention to kill.

Either way, he still RDMed and left, which resulted in his ban. It shouldn't get reduced at all and be kept at the full time.

8. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Appeal denied, topic locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.