Mute living players and dead players

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by KaNN, May 28, 2016.

1. KaNN

KaNN New Member

To start off with, I know this has been suggested before. But that was 2 years ago, so I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

It would be a really nice feature, because I hate listening to people while I'm dead, but I still wanna hear them when I'm alive. It's much easier pressing F2, than disabling voice in options and then reenabling it when you're alive again.

And don't give me no bullshit excuse like "takes up space on the server" "will cause lag". I can code this feature in 5 lines, so it definitely won't be more resource hogging than all those models on the server.

If you can't code it yourself, just hit me up, but you honestly should be able to cause it's very simple.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

A good QoL suggestion. If you can code it and provide it, I see no reason for why it shouldn't be taken into consideration.

3. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Bind f6 "voice_scale 0.00"
    find f7 "voice_scale [your value that it's currently at here, check what it is by typing voice_scale into console and input that value here]"

Also, might want to bind a key to stopsound so that this can instantly take effect, the muting and unmuting. It would look something like this:
    bind f6 "voice_scale 0.00;stopsound"
    bind f7 "voice_scale 0.[x];stopsound"

• Like Like x 1
  4. KaNN

KaNN New Member

Yeah, exactly how I feel about it.

Already have something similar set up, with aliases instead so it's just one key. But since it's only adding five lines of code, I don't see why it shouldn't be added?

5. Turquoise

Fair enough, I only wrote it out in case this suggestion wouldn't be added. That, and it can apply to almost any other source game in existence rather easily. And seems to work better than voice_enable 0.

6. KaNN

KaNN New Member

Yeah, and it's a good way to do it. But what I really like about the game's mute feature, is that it auto unmutes when you're alive again. Meaning it's easier to realize when a new round begins if you're tabbed out. Because for some reason I often don't hear the endgame music.

7. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Turquoise
    Curious, how are you hearing sound while tabbed out? I was under the impression that sound in gmod stops entirely when minimized or tabbed out.

8. Turquoise

Negative. You can enable it to not stop sounds whenever you tab out. As far as not hearing the music goes, I have end-round music disabled. I just have the weird sound for round end/begin enabled through the F1 Menu though.

9. KaNN

KaNN New Member

Options > Sound > Check or uncheck something along the lines of "Play sound while game is minimized."

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1 also @Turquoise ive always experienced with voice_enable 0 that I have to restart my game after changing it back to voice_enable 1 to hear voice chat again. I haven't tested it since early February, or did an update fix it

11. Turquoise

You just rejoin, you don't restart your whole game. If that's what you mean.

12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Ok, thanks, I've always had it be universal, as in even if I do retry in console, or wait till map change it still mutes everyone including me.

13. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Please add this, please. +1

14. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

15. Mason

Mason VIP Silver

+1

• Dumb Dumb x 1