Mute for Pre-Round spamming.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by PwnerOfThePeanut, Oct 19, 2014.

?

Have the rule of Pre round spam= mute?

1. Yes

12.5%
  2. No

87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PwnerOfThePeanut

PwnerOfThePeanut Serious Member

Usually, in pre round, people will either spam their binds, or spam "____ is a Traitor!" and it fills the chat logs so much. Staff usually just ignore it, which i think is wrong , because it is spamming, so it should be a !mute. Also, it often causes rdm because when people are spamming kos's, it often carries into the round, and calls out a person and they get killed

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    • Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. PwnerOfThePeanut

Butters, there is nothing dumb about this post.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Pointless and time wasting, staff use pre-round to finish up reports any this doesn't cause any harm so -1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I agree with Carned. Just know that if it does cause problems, the proper punishment will be issued.

5. I think it's quite a laugh

-juan

6. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Acting from the Shadows... VIP

Hey, We don't try to ignore it, however most of the time we are finishing up reports and are very busy so there is no time to do anything about it. Personally, If I'm not busy I'll ask them to stop/mute them, but we can't get it every time. We are sorry for any inconvenience anyway.

7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I'm one of these people. As long as they stop after the pre-round, which I usually do, I think it's fine, since nobody would really have anything to say in pre-round anyway. Staff are busy finishing reports, players are getting prepped and everyone else is getting to places they need to be.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Python~

Dat Dumb rating comeback

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. BigBoyMansion

BigBoyMansion Banned

10. PwnerOfThePeanut

Dont see why you wouldnt want constant spam in chat, and false kos's at 0:00 in the round, whatever. lock this topic.

11. Kalvinjetson13

Kalvinjetson13 *CALCIUM INTENSIFIES* VIP

yeet

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. AlCo owns

AlCo owns The one and only VIP Emerald

rip

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

First off, nice double-posting @Python and @PwnerOfThePeanut (we have an edit button).
    Secondly, -1. This doesn't always happen, and usually it's over the mic that someone makes a joke that someone is a traitor. Even if someone spams up the chat log, you only have to deal with it for 20 seconds before the round begins (although from my experience they only spam for two or three seconds). This is such a minor issue compared to other potential problems.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Python~

I know that, but the edit would just throw off what I said in my first comment
    I'll make sure never to double post in my life since it seems to be a sin in your perspective

15. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

!mute doesn't prevent use of those binds anyways. Even if you're muted you can still say "X is a traitor", "I'm with X", etc.

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.