Moderators for mods.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by krisphung88, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krisphung88

krisphung88 Member

I am an avid sttt player.I have a solid 100 hours on the server with minimal issues, but lately, there is a rising issue of mods putting their own spin on the rules and stretching what they can do on their own sense of justice. A certain mod especially , that has done this to me personally is this "alice". This mod has countlessly gagged me and refused to respond appropriately without dodging the question, or just plain our refusing to answer at all. Worse than that, it was for me apologizing and along with other mods, skewering it so that I was "harassing and targeting" people.

I was making harmless jokes, and stated beforehand that's what they were such as, "pedophiles are just fucking immature assholes"(alice pmed me warning me to stop) and "what's the best part about dating twenty nine year olds? there are twenty of them". Afterwards I slipped up and made another one; "what has 4 wheels and flies? A garbage truck". I quickly apologized to alice, who didn't respond so i wanted to make sure again alice heard me and knew I was sincere. <-- that was when I got warned by ALICE again for harassment, without explanation. I thought maybe Alice was busy playing the round and waited to answer at the end of the round , so I even bought T myself to suicidebomb so we could talk. It turned out to be in vain;more childish refusal to merely give me simple conclusions to my (should be)simple inquiries.

Behavior like this is unacceptable, especially considering the numbers of mods currently on at the time(6-8) who did nothing. I am not too affected by it too much(yet)since it seems the mods know their boundaries as to how far they can push they abilities. There should be Moderators that moderate mods from time to time, maybe undercover or something lol. This would ensure that mods wouldn't just act responsible when there are higher ups, and that they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, correctly.

This isn't to say that I think everyone should be a robot, as I personally amuse myself slightly when making reports worthy of ridicule and cringe, which to one mod might be a warning and to another a harmless joke. It's to say that mods should be making everyone's experience more enjoyable , not the reverse.

• Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

If you feel that one of the Moderators have done something wrong, or such: just go to the forums and file a report on them, or start a conversation with the admin via the website.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

You were gagged twice for making offensive jokes/remarks, and that garbage truck joke was not one of them. As Azaelus said, if you feel my actions were unjustified, file a report here. I will review the recordings of the maps I have if necessary.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. krisphung88

krisphung88 Member

I clearly state that my goal is to help the servers, not target the mods. I am not petty like the mods I describe in my original post.I believe if the right things are done, it'll be solved.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

There's already moderators for moderators
    They're called admins.

• Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

So..you want admins?

Also you've been a massive troll all morning, the irony in the post is very apparent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Emtech2

Emtech2 The worst ones always live VIP Silver Emerald

As some have mentioned there is something already like this. If you go here you can see the staff roles and what their responsibilities are.
    Trust me when I say this is happening. Just because there is no person with an Admin, Lead Admin, or Owner tag does not mean they do not see/know what is happening.

8. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

EmTech and Carned said it perfectly.
    Since this suggestion is already implemented, I'm just gonna go ahead and lock this.

Also note; these jokes are not harmless, they're disgusting. Keep them to yourself or to the therapist you seriously need to talk to.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.