Approved MetalCris95's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by MetalCrysis, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    MetalCrysis
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:83957943
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I got banned for hacking even though I didn't do anything fishy?? I use the ak, acr, and a bunch of other shits like the winchester 1887 but I get banned for using the barret??? Using the ak is tough sometimes so I spice it up with the acr but I realllly want to see the evidence on my "hacking ban". Out of the 2+ years I've been on the server no mod has confronted me for hacking and some mods know who I am. I guess being good is a sign of hacking but @Sniperz (dead inside) knows I don't hack and he is equally as good as me or even better. I'll just tag him as he was on atm of my ban.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I would like to see the evidence but video logs from my side would prove nothing and I already took off garry's mod (didn't think of recording the last 5 minutes in shadowplay just went straight to ban appeal). Don't know if any of the people online in the server at the time can vouch but I'm positive they wont.​

2. neutral

neutral VIP

Hey MetalCrysis, @Atlas banned you for Hacking (no recoil) first offense. Please be patient while he gathers his evidence and addresses your appeal!

3. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

I have seen this and I am gathering my evidence as we speak.

4. I understand it is likely not allowed for me to post under this report; however I have the following problem to address with the game that should be apparent to all staff-- while being directly related to the reason of the report.

Garrys Mod as a game was designed for sandbox originally. Additions such as TTT-- and to the point of this post TTT spectator mode have issues. The hardware and network demands the game would require inorder to properly represent every input via a client - server - client perspective is laughable. Therefore corners are cut and a smoothing function is used to create a "best effort" effect when it comes to spectator views. This can be shown via AK users-- in my personal experience spectating Daddy Nexxus. With experience you get the feel for a weapons recoil and thus you are required to enact **recoil control**. The view spectators will get is a controlled form of the weapons true recoil.

In the case of Metal-- I was actively spectating him since I invited him to use the barret for the round he was banned on. Metal's aim was showing an attempt at recoil control and aim re-adjustment. At no point did I see anything CLOSE to "no-recoil". Upon request I will do spectator and client perspective tests based on recoil view and Garrys Mod smoothing functions. The tests will be posted here upon further request.

I have reported multiple cheaters with grounds missed by staff and at no point in my ~300 hours playing (edit: on this server) have i seen Metal show any sign close to the use of third party programs.-- This is only because I personally used equivilant programs and programmed them myself at a time.

This post is not meant to be a personal attack on Atlas' judgement or related. However any evidence found on "no-recoil" should be taken under extreme consideration with the interaction between the spectator mode representing inputs.

My credentials to post this are the following titles to my name:
    Network operations engineer -- Based upon CISCO.
    Game architecture
    Advanced knowledge of interactions between engine-client systems.

~Sniperz

5. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Hi there @MetalCris95 I banned you today for Hacking first offence for no recoil.
    Sorry for the shit quality of the video my editor is trash.
    As you can see in the video you were running 4 different weapons in the video. The Ak47 which has some crazy recoil for an assault rifle but can be controlled.
    What really tipped me off was your use of the .50 cal sniper. Your use of it when you hip fired it raised red flags so I asked the moderator I was staffing with to purchase one from the point shop and give it a test. The gun fires straight up giving it a predictable recoil pattern. I have asked several of my fellow staff members for their thoughts on the recoil and the general train of thought is that you are just a very good player.

For this I will be lifting and voiding your ban today. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you today.

If you would like to talk more about this you are welcome to start a forum conversation with me.

May the Force Be With You.
    -Atlas

ThreadLocked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.