Denied Marakh's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Marakh, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marakh

Marakh VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Marakh
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:45869784
    Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for harassment by Noob999. I presume he banned me because I thought that his muting of Negaslayerz for saying that Noob999 sounds like someone who eats testicles for dinner. I believed that this isn't worthy of a muting since it is not inflammatory nor hurtful. Certain animal's testicles are a particular delicacy, and something I have tried when in Austria. They (Noob999 and Diehard01) then tried to make an analogy by arguing that saying what I say is comparable to saying that calling Aboriginals by a slang term, "Abo," is acceptable, which is not in the slightly comparable, and really rather disturbing that staff-members use such methods with dealing with people, as this could mean that they use their conscience more than evidence in similar scenarios.
    The round ended, and a whole 2 minutes later, just as the next round on the next map started, I asked openly, "Where are you Noob," in voice chat, since, as a T, I wanted to kill any innocents. This is not harassment as it is my job in the game to find innocents and to kill them. For some reason he banned me then, which is surprising as if he had thought the initial encounter was the harassment he should've promptly banned me then. However due to his actions I am led to believe that he thinks that the second encounter was the harassment, which quite plainly it isn't, and it is disheartening to think that experienced moderators let take casual chat so personally, which must lead new players on the server to believe that it is poorly run.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Since I do not regularly take photos or videos while playing this game, since I consider my conduct in high regard, I do not have evidence.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. Diehard01

Diehard01 Yippee Ki Yay VIP

You were banned by @Noob999 for Harassment,
    He will show his evidence shortly, In the mean time please be patient.

Thank you

3. Marakh

Marakh VIP

I would just like to draw attention to the many people who play TTT with me daily, and the fact that they don't believe I harass people; @Lyo @[P90]Lumpas @SmileyOfChaos @BeedoBoyo . This is just an initial list.

4. Diehard01

Diehard01 Yippee Ki Yay VIP

Marakh,
    I was explaining that we use "Abo" as a term that can be used to discriminate against one person or group and that it wasn't acceptable to use it.
    Harassment can be taking in all different type and ways, Even if you don't think that it is not inflammatory nor hurtful to the person, in other players eyes it can be see as harassment.
    As I was the player that muted Negaslayerz, for stating that "Noob999 sounds like someone who eats testicles for dinner". As we don't stand for players harassing other players and staff, As for the player stating that Noob999 sounds like someone who eats testicles for dinner.

Diehard01.

5. Marakh

Marakh VIP

I completely understand that Abo is a term that can be used to insult certain people. However, no one in the game said it. You brought it up since you said that Negaslayerz stating that "Noob999 sounds like someone who eats testicles for dinner," was equivalent to someone calling someone else Abo. I tried to argue that it wasn't. It's a comparison of a racial insult, which is much worse than a very light hearted and non-specific insult, and thus your comparison was an exaggeration and thus completely irrelevant. Saying that someone sounds like eats testicles for dinner is neither disturbing, nor threatening, it is rude, yes, but if we were to call every individual jibe, light-hearted or not, harassment, then a huge range of people on all of your servers would be banned. Would it be okay for people to use swear words, as that could be considered harassment, is it allowed for someone to be angry, and that could be threatening and thus could be considered harassment. You tread a very fine line, which if taken too far, could ruin the server, as it would remove the current compromise where some adult speech is allowed, and instead have a dichotomy of such speech being used against people with positions on the server being treated much harsher and more unjustly than others.

6. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

Thank you for filing your appeal.
    20160326114406_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-26_16-54-29.png
    Your on going harassment of players and staff has no place on this server.
    Therefore I will being denying your appeal.

It's only a one day ban, feel free to play on our other servers.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.