map specific rule canyon

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by qsawz, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qsawz

qsawz VIP

ever had those times on canyon when a player blows the pipes and almost everyone drowns why dotn we just have a specific rule that says damaging the pipes for water on canyon is a T act mostly because it can kill players in the form of drowning it almost floods the entire map

screenshot backing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357792937

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

How do you blow up the pipes? C4 or a Frag? Oh, those are t acts already.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. qsawz

qsawz VIP

frag but no one ever kills you for it

4. BeastlyMcKinley

BeastlyMcKinley You mod, bro? VIP

It is a traitorous act, so if you felt like it, you could kill them. Also, it makes the map infinitely better to not only have to worry about killing or getting killed by other players, but also have to worry about getting stuck in a building and drowning. What I'm trying to say is, I love that part of the map. But hey, if I throw a frag, shoot me in the face. IDC. I'd be like, "Well, I did something traitorous. Kind of deserved it."

5. qsawz

qsawz VIP

I threw 15 at it and no one killed me not even @Guilty

6. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

I haven't played on canyon in a while... so what's the point of tagging me?

7. qsawz

qsawz VIP

you were on with me once when I was destroying the pipes with frags and you saw me throw about 5 frags and you just didn't seem to care about it

8. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

That is because destroying the pipes is not something only traitors can do and because people like flooding the map, people usually don't shoot even if they see a T plant C4 there. The only real way anyone can die to c4 placed on the pipes is if they go over to where it is.

9. DocFox

Basically, it's already traitorous to do this.

Just as its traitorous to kill an innocent, but if that innocent did something to deserve it, you're going to exercise discretion on whether you should kill the killer. Same goes for killing a person who goes into the T room when you know they're most likely innocent; it is traitorous, but you exercise the "no harm, no foul" discretion.

10. -1. it is so easy not to drown.

11. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

A couple reasons I'm giving this a -1:

1. Like others have said, throwing frags is Traitorous. Doing this to open the pipes is still Traitorous. If players don't kill for it, that's their choice
    2. Canyon is already one of the least played maps, so adding something map-specific to it seems not well worth the time
    3. You can swim if you're not AFK, and the person who broke the pipes aren't getting any point for their kills (if T)

If noone ever kills for it, but it's already a T act, that's on them. Adding another rule for the same rule won't help

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  12. DocFox

If you see someone watching someone blow up the pipes using a drag or C4, kill them for GbA. I bet they'll stop watching and start killing. No one likes the round ruined and sometimes you gotta teach them how to play the hard way.

13. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.