Rejected Make destroying the traitor tester as an innocent a slayable offense

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by NuclearFej, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuclearFej

NuclearFej New Member

Someone in a game I just played came up with this. Title says it all, really.

Rationale: destroying the T tester as an innocent is effectively on the same level as an RDM. The case could be made that it is actually more harmful to the innocents than a simple RDM.

It's trolling, basically.

What do you guys think?

Edit: guys, if you think it's dumb, post why - leaving "dumb" ratings gets us nowhere.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
    • Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

How would we tell?
    it becomes word vs word because it doesnt appear in the logs.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Check the shot logs, because I bet you'll see crowbar swinging.

Also, if this starts a chain RDM they can be warned that if they continue to cause chain RDM they can be slain.

4. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

LOL THIS POST.. has 4 dumb ratings. I didn't even know we could rate a post as "dumb". That's so cruel lol. Also, i'd like to thank mango for my first negative rating :)

Last edited: May 11, 2014
    • Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I disagree. Here's why:

The reason breaking the traitor tester is traitorous is obviously because it aids on the traitor's side. The reason slays are issued as punishment is because when you RDM someone, you take away their round, so you, in turn, get your round taken from you. Having breaking a traitor tester become a "slayable" offense does not make sense in this case. If, however, like @MangoTango stated, a player is consistently breaking traitor testers and causing RDM chains, it can be up to an admin's discretion to issue punishment for causing RDM chains.

I agree with you that an innocent should never be breaking a tester except in cases, e.g. on 67th way when a traitor places C4 in the basement and the only safe way out is to break the tester, but we shouldn't be slaying people for doing that.

6. NuclearFej

NuclearFej New Member

That makes sense, thanks for the info!

If no one else has anything else to say, you can go ahead and lock this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.