Denied Low Flo's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Low Flo, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Low Flo

Low Flo Supporter

Your In Game Nickname:
    Low Flo
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:169169183
    Which Server:
    East2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for calling someone a 'faggot' in a joke way(he took no offense to it) I feel like the mod was also very melo-dramatic about the situation. The mod's name is Han Solo
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

You were banned by @Han Solo for Harassment. He will respond at his earliest convenience.

3. Low Flo

Low Flo Supporter

4. Han

Han       VIP

Hi @Low Flo, I'll get right to it.

On East 2 today you flamed a couple people, and I issued out your ban based on your actions after two warnings. Pictured here is your first warning, pictured here is your second warning in the form of a kick, and here is the final thing you said which led to a 24 hour harassment ban. I currently have a demo uploading right now which, if necessary, will provide the actual evidence of you flaming, not just the warnings I gave you.

It may be true that you called someone a faggot and they took no offense to it; however, calling people that on our servers is never allowed. It doesn't matter that the person you directed it to wasn't offended. Had you talked that way to someone privately, or messaged them with that word in it, that's would have been a different matter. The fact of this ban is that you put in an offensive slur in chat after two previous warnings for using the exact same word.

Keep in mind while you are banned from our East 2 servers for 24 hours, this is not a global ban, which means you can join all of our other servers. I'll leave this appeal open for a little bit longer, in case there's anything else you wish to say.

5. Low Flo

Low Flo Supporter

I just feel like its unjust as everyone else was saying stuff like 'retard','nigger'..etc and im the only one who gets banned, also if no one is offended whats the big deal

6. Han

Han       VIP

I'll go through my demo, but I don't recall anyone calling other people retards or retarded. One person did say nigga, but the staff team decided awhile back that there's a difference in 'nigga' and 'nigger', and we are lenient with the gag / warn /ban for the former statement unless someone is offended by it. ( In this case, someone was offended by it, and the user who used that word was told not to )

Harassment is very discretion based. There are some words that are strictly not allowed, even if someone is not offended; eg, 'nigger' and 'faggot', and some words that are up to how they are used, like the word 'nigga'. To quote MangoTango, an ex-administrator:

"The SGM protocols have been written so the majority of players have the best possible experience on the servers. If it takes punishing a player and erring on the side of caution, it will turn out better than letting something slide. Staff would much rather be proactive than reactive."

With that said, I will be denying and locking this appeal. Please feel free to contact me here or on steam if you have any questions about this verdict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.