Long Overdue MOTD Update

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Adam is the D, Feb 27, 2015.

?

What do you think should happen to the MOTD?

1. Keep it the same.

2. Use the space to add more rules.

3. Replace things on the MOTD to look better/more clear.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. okay so, as you know (or should know) there are a LOT of rules that are not written on the MOTD, such as KOSing on location, guns, ect, and these types of things are what happen the most. So, my idea is we should revamp what is actually on the MOTD.

http://www.seriousttt.com/rules/

This is the page displayed on joining a server. It displays rules, a clarification of RDM, Ghosting, prop surfing, and T acts, along with all the punishments. There is also a space in the middle. If no one wants to remove/replace info on the MOTD, you could just use the space to add a few extra rules like what you cannot kill on and why certain things are not KOSable or something.

This really needs to be addressed. Too many times i've been killed on servers (especially vanilla) because I had an AK, or I didn't respond to a livecheck, or that I was in an area where there was shooting and I was hurt. I ask you, please think about this. I know this has been suggested before but the threads died out too soon.

@Highwon @Darktooth @Slicck

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I believe there's a definite need for the clarification about VIP weapons seeing as many of them are common traitor weapons elsewhere.

When they see someone with an AK, its like us seeing someone with a Newton Launcher/Teleporter/Harpoon/Etc. An imminent and mostly hasty KOS.

The cautious person will go like: "Yo, d00d has an AK, K3l?" We go like: "Bru-bruh. Naw. That's not a T weap."

The unintelligent go like: "Fuck-ah u AK traitor!" *Kills*

Edit: 2predictablePython

Twice Edit: You went from old to bad spelling, that's a plot twist. 5/10

Edit Train's 3rd car: Now you're just r00d

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

This was one of the first things I brought to the table when I was promoted. There are plans.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah. To be honest, I think the punishments shouldn't need to take up as much space as other, more pertinent, items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Precisely, as the only individuals who really need to memorize those punishments are staff members, or those who aspire to become staff and end up applying. It's good to know that the Leads and Highwon are to be discussing the revisions upon the MOTD though. :>

6. yep

oh btw congrats on mod ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Old Old x 1