Let's get rid of ttt_amsterville

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Amethyst Rockstar, Apr 16, 2016.

1. It's not a good map and wasn't built for TTT. Every time we play it all people do is rock the vote and complain about how it sucks.

Too many buildings.

How do you guys feel?

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

I'd like to see others posting and not just rating, but what do I know?

Anyhow, I get what you mean about the map but it's still a goodie. Granted, I tank up my Gamma to 1.5 so I can see everything I need to so I am already kinda biased with these dark and large maps. The main complaint is that the map is too large, and that it's too dark as far as what I've heard. Also, we should probably have a poll going up in here so we can see what people think.

EDIT: Also, I'll give this a +0.5 since there is a daytime version of this map, but for whatever reason we prefer to have this one in our map pool. I'll look for it soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Personally it's one of my favorites because all the dark spots are great for hiding with a disguiser on. I also find the amount of buildings to make the map interesting. There's always stuff I havent seen in a while and I can throw a rubix cube at my friend. And the gunshop has a cool little minigame for shooting cans off a table.

I wouldn't mind at all if people started voting for the map more if we were using the daytime version instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I personally don't like the map because it's large dark and confusing, though it's probably mostly my own fault I pretty much have to stay around where I spawn because I can't ever navigate from one side of the map to the other

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

I actually enjoy this map....

This is an opinion.. Also, With the map named TTT_*Add Name Here* It shows the map is designed to fit the TTT gamemode mainly

Again, This isn't necessarily true, as many times I've played the map entirely through all 6 rounds without a single person "rtv-ing", People like myself enjoy the map due to the amount of areas you can hide bodies, place T weapons, and snipe people down..
    If people didnt enjoy the map, They wouldn't vote for it

For all these reasons, I will be -1-ing the idea as I disagree entirely.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP Silver

I don't like the noise spam when that sliding door opens.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Say what you want about the map's quality but this isn't true.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623404 shows that it was originally created for RP gamemodes. It was adapted to TTT by making it nighttime.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. no.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Thanks for the passive aggressive rating along with the supremely crafted rebuttal to my argument.

Brilliant work.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. you're welcome

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

If we were to remove it, we would have to rotate in another map, and hopefully try to have this map fill the niche of 'large and interesting'.

Several maps that have been suggested that could do this:
    TTT_Vessel, suggested by @Goose https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/ttt_vessel.26989/
    Like roytheship, but bigger, more spacious, and more beautiful.

TTT_Alps, suggested by @PanzerShrimp https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/bring-back-alps.26532/
    Removed from the server once, it borders upon being too large, but on the same time offers variety in terrain and buildings.

TTT_Borders, suggested by @STONEY https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/map-suggestion-ttt_borders.25371/
    The wildcard of this group, 'clustered' map is actually quite small but uses its space in a manner that makes it feel big.

If we legitimately want to remove the map, let's find a viable replacement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. How's the 9th grade going?

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

I love Amsterville to death! But if it were to be replaced by borders, well then.... I'd be okay with that decision. As for Vessel and Alps those maps are quite big and cause a lot of delay. Borders is a great old classic just like amsterville. Been around since 2009/2010. One if not "The first" map to introduce the Traitor Tester. Possibly never been added to the map list. Should really give borders a shot :sneaky:(y)

14. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

since turq said he would like to see me post

no

15. Solid Anunoby

Solid Anunoby VIP Silver

Honestly, I like the map a lot. There aren't many problems besides the grinding sliding door glitch. Like @Turquoise said, just turn your brightness and gamma up for the darkness, and, in fact, I agree with @Snooper [Gimc] on the fact that map size doesn't negatively effect the map, but makes it more versatile and fun.

16. good

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

I found the daytime version of this map (again), so anyone who visits this thread can decide if they like it better than the current one. It has less rooms and "secret" areas, by the way.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gjtge0vfvs8nfr/ttt_amsterville_b3.bsp?dl=0

If you don't know where to place it: Steamapps > common > garrysmod > garrysmod > maps

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

-1, not good ideas/reasons to remove the map/they were fixed by getting a higher gamma if you want. I play with complete normal settings that the game started with and these night maps are fine. Second Amsterdam has a sentimental value now in this community, while this is not too important it stopped @Turquoise 's attempt at getting the day time version.

Also just to let you know, a 9th grader wrote this. Don't be a rude bitch.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. way to help your case friendo

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

So, because I'm a 9th grader, has gotten mod, and kinda has been here longer than you, and the fact your just practically shitposting now is amazing, an admin/mod should lock this up.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1