Karma Bans Only When No Mods On

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

hudadaff

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

There's always a risk when it comes to killing players for committing traitorous actions. That's all I'm going to say. When players kill other players committing traitorous acts, they are accepting the possibility of karma loss for killing the offending targets. Go low enough with your karma, and you will get karma banned.

3. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

It isn't that persons fault though. If other innocents are committing traitorous acts of course they're going to be killed. The person killing them for it shouldn't be given a ban for doing so. That is why we have "RDM" and don't just slay innocents for killing other innocents no matter what the situation. I don't mind the losing karma aspect of it, but the ban just seems excessive and pointless.

4. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

I don't believe it's supposed to be a game of "Oh they did something traitorous. Should I kill them? Well... I don't want to risk losing karma..." It's supposed to be a game where if you're an innocent you kill players who do traitorous acts. Simple as that.

5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The reason you get karma bans is because your trigger happy.

See a lot of players in the T room? Chances are they're all inno's by killing them you're just being trigger happy.

Just don't be the guy who kills someone for the slightest thing, Karma bans are your fault, no one elses

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

A lot of innocents do traitorous things through-out the game.. A LOT. If you killed everybody for every traitorous act, you would be karma banned so fast. You gotta learn how to read the context of the situation and act on it. Is killing a t-baiter who has 90% chance of being innocent worth losing karma? Nope, so let it slide. Killing an innocent for throwing a discomb in an area without props/cliffs/ledges? Probably not worth it either. This is what separates the good players from the trigger happy plebs and scrubs. See Player-B get t-baited by player-a, so player-b kills player-a (player-a turns out innocent), now should you kill player-b for killing an innocent? probably not, considering you just saw him get t-baited. Read the situation and be more careful and you won't get karma banned.

7. [​IMG]

8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This is something I remember @Zikeji suggesting a while ago and I always liked the idea. Karma bans sometimes punish good players for being good. This is the most painfully obvious on vanilla.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

I've gotten karma banned at least three times from carrying out a boatload of kos's.

Also @Carned trigger happy or not there is no reason to punish players for playing within the rules.

I believe I suggested this month's ago and would love to see it implemented.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Erm...you mean disabling Karma on a map whenever a staff member isn't online, and then having it enabled if a staff member isn't present anymore on the server? Or something like that, yeah?

11. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

No the banning mechanism of it would simply be disabled when a staff member was online. Karma would still change and affect your damage.

12. Krys

Krys Gives Explosive Hugs VIP

Karma bans don't really mean anything other than hop on another server for a few hours. I know a player with at least 39 karma bans on his record, and I think I'm up to 8 myself.

Bad innos gonna be bad innos.

13. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

It's even worse when you're karma banned for killing RDM'ers

14. Sapphyrus

Sapphyrus Active Member

I agree with this. If a staff member is online the karma ban just punishes someone for following the rules and if the player was doing something really bad a mod would've banned him before that. Karma bans just stop people from playing the way they normally and make them start to play it safe, in which case it allows traitors to get away with things they wouldn't normally get away with because a player doesn't want a karma ban in case he is inno. I've never gotten a karma ban, but when my karma was really low I would just sit in a corner and wait out the map change because I didn't want a ban.

15. ☆ ßlazing :3 ☆

☆ ßlazing :3 ☆ New Member

Someone got karma banned for killing everyone as a Detective.. {Michael Scran - 2 days ago.}

16. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

i just don't feel like being "trigger happy" needs more of a punishment than consecutive dimishings to karma (sorry for sentence/grammar pretty drunk at the moment)

also a while ago i was banned for rdm and leave after killing an inno and being karma banned before i could respond to the report (everything was worked out and i got un banned but it is still a problem with the system that needs to be addressed)

I think if you continue to kill everyone who does anything traitorous losing karma and therefor losing damage is enough punishment
    there's no need to add a ban on top of that especially when a mod is available to make that judgement instead (which 90% of the time they would agree against a half an hour ban given the fact that the person in question WAS following the rules)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This would not be an issue with the system, but an issue with the staff member that banned you; they could have possibly not witnessed your karma ban and neglected to check your adminstats. If a staff member checks your adminstats after a Karma ban it will note that you were banned by CONSOLE for Karma too low and no ban would be issued.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

dang am i ever feeling regret over writing "consecutive diminishings" the next morning
    talk about embarrassing
    still don't know what words i should use for that though
    maybe something with gradual

19. Serious Lawyerbot

Serious Lawyerbot Supporter

Thanks for letting me know of my reputation

20. Scubasky

Scubasky VIP

This is a good idea, if your following the rules, and killing people that are KOS'd, or innos that are shooting at you, you should not loose karma and be baned for it.