Denied Kappa B.'s Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Kappa B., May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kappa B.

Kappa B. VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Kappa B.
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:84124406
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I believe Salisian was incorrect in his judgement at the time of the discrepancy.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I believe that before being banned for something as serious as Mass RDM 4+ Salisian would warn me. Especially since it was the through the use of the Diamond Sword, an item very new to the playlist. My argument is simply that before being banned for such an offence that I should at least notified that my behavior is intolerable and must stop before further action is taken. I know the MOTD says that I can be banned with out warning for 4+ however it did not escalate to that level until the next round where there was ample time to pull me aside and tell me whats what. I would think that a slay would come if anything was wrong. Just a warning/slay thats all. Seeing many other players use the sword in a similar way AS INNOCENTS and get away without punishment skewed my judgement of the item and made me and others believe that it was just a part of the map and if you saw someone with it, KOS (Salisian was my killer both times ) but otherwise whats done is done.

SIDE (UNDER) NOTE; Salisian did say he had a screen shot of him warning me. I didn't see the warning and if his statement reigns true than I apologize and I will happily wait my 5 days. ALSO, I KNOW IM RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DEATHS. However, if a traitor buddy dies by his fellow traitors C4 who is considered in the wrong.

Thank you
    -Kappa B.​

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@Salisian will respond as soon as he can. Please be patient and this appeal will be handled in a timely manner.

3. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

This is where you have to use common sense and judgement to determine if what you are doing is allowed. You have to consider the fact that the sword is lethal, and realize that since the sword is lethal, you can be held responsible for what happens when you use it. People get away because the damage doesn't always show up in the logs and it can be hard for us to prove it happened unless we were a witness.

Nobody. The C4 shows a marker with the distance from you as well as the timer to all alive traitors, so it's their fault if they run into it. That's very different than you holding the sword to kill people.

4. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

[​IMG]

One of the first of these kills I very nearly saw, while you were still holding the sword after having made it. I didn't investigate or shoot you immediately because I heard shooting nearby, and went to investigate. Then you said something about loving the diamond sword, which made me come back, at which point you, standing over a pile of unIDed corpses, took a step towards me with it, so I shot you. I reasoned that you had held the sword for the entire time I wasn't looking, but it wasn't sufficient evidence to saddle you with all those kills. So, at the end of the round, I issued this warning:

[​IMG]

I scrolled back up in my chat on the following map to see when I had issued the warning- the double lines on the top (and the joining of the player I slayed at the end of the previous map) happened at the beginning of the map. So that means that I issued the warning between rounds 1 and 2, while everybody was dead, so there was no way that it would have not shown up for someone.

Round 2 was harpoon wars, throughout which people, over mic, discussed whether the sword was slayable, and as everyone pointed out, mods have in the past not done due diligence regarding the sword. Evidently, there is some confusion on the issue, and a debate to be had, but this isn't the place for that. Then, on round 3:

[​IMG]

This round I intended to witness your killing people with the sword, so I went looking for you. However, as I came around a corner, you were inches from me, so my life was in danger, so I shot you again. After I died that round, I was preparing to address the issue with you directly, but I had two reports to deal with first. As I dealt with it, people kept talking over the mic about getting away with killing people with the sword. Shortly before I finished those reports, however, I heard you answer someone over the mic with "Yeah, but Salisian has seen me kill a whole bunch of people with the sword and hasn't done anything about it." I hadn't, honestly, but you claimed responsibility there.

I don't really believe your actions were done maliciously, because you're not that kind of person. You were doing it because you hadn't considered the ramifications- however, in so doing, you ended about a dozen peoples' rounds. That's sort of the essence of the basis for our RDM punishments. I leave it to the leads as to whether or not making the diamond sword and dropping/hiding it on a path is generally RDM or trolling; but in this case, you were laughing about the sword and all the rounds it was ending.

5. Kappa B.

Kappa B. VIP

I'd like to clear up that I had claimed responsibility for all three rounds of using the sword and was killed each time without gripe. Is also like to clear up, (as Salisian said above, "My actions were not done maliciously") that I was not laughing about the dismay of other players rounds being ended. I was laughing because I was having a discussion with Jedijosiah about how stupidly overpowered the sword is. I would never take joy in ruining others good time. It may not seem that way as expressed above but, I just didn't know. No reports, no slays and not even being cussed out by other players over voice chat. I'm sorry if I made anyone upset. Anyways, my arguement was simply that no ban such as this one should be given without fair warning. You very clearly warned me as shown by the evidence you provided, thank you. I will happily wait my five days and look forward to playing with everyone on a Vanilla, soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.