Approved JaegarBombs's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by JaegarBombs, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    JaegarBombs
    Your Steam ID:

Which Server:

Why you should be unbanned:
    First things first... banned for 28 days and I don't know why. I was following rules as far as I know. So we'll start there I guess.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@JaegarBombs

@Chricemas banned you for Ghosting and he will respond as soon as he can. Please be patient.

3. You've got to be kidding me. All that happened was I sent an in-game message to Chricemas saying that I called an accidental KOS on someone due to a misclick. I've been seriously SO well behaved @Chricemas and the first chance you get you lay a month on me?? What gives dude?

4. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Hi @JaegarBombs , I'm not sure why you're surprised because I told you this in-game and I believe you even acknowledged what you did was ghosting.

I'll lay down the facts. I was a detective and received this PM from you. I didn't even know there was a KOS and could have acted on it. Even though he did turn out to actually be a T, the fact that you said to disregard your KOS on him can be considered ghosting. You then decided to leave shortly after. Just so were clear that I'm not making things up, and that I was indeed alive while you PMed me this: evidence. In the screenshots you can see that you had died at 58 seconds and I had died around 2 minutes and 51 seconds. In the last screenshot Karooth had died at 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Meaning in the time between your death and mine, you had PMed me to disregard the KOS on Karooth BEFORE he had actually died. This is ghosting.

EDIT: when you said "tell em" in the screenshot, you were trying to have me tell everyone that the KOS from you was an accident.

5. There's not any use providing evidence because I'm not denying anything.

First, as far as I knew, "ghosting" was informing a player of events they were not yet aware of. What event was it that I was informing you of? I think the rule should be clarified to "Communicating with live players." It's not like I was talking in skype to someone else telling them who the traitors are. To me, that would be ghosting worthy of a 28 day ban.
    Second, when I called this accidental KOS, I immediately regretted it because I didn't want to ruin his round. I did what I thought was the responsible thing and told the mod about it (to maybe avoid an unnecessary report from him.) And to keep the round fair for him and everyone else.
    Third, the fact that he was a T had nothing to do with what I did. And me leaving soon after has nothing to do with this either.

Obviously I won't be doing this again as I was not aware this was considered ghosting. I was just trying to keep the round fair.

Think before you ban.

Jaegar

6. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Ghosting is the act of providing round altering information. What you did was exactly that. Because I was still very much alive, and you were "Communicating with live players." you had made a mistake. I understand this was a mistake, and what your intentions were, but alas the ban is still valid. I was debating to unban you and not have it voided, but considering your last bit of your response it is not likely.

Depending on your next response, I will decide on the verdict for this appeal.

7. Because I said think before you ban? I take it back then. I just meant too many staff just ban because they can and they don't actually consider if the player really deserves it. I want you to consider this question: If I knew what I was doing was Ghosting punishable by a month ban, then WHY would I send the message to a mod?! If I was ghosting in Skype with another player I would deserve it. I hate those people.
    I actually have respect for the rule. So... I'm sorry. This was a mistake and I won't do it again.

Your call.

8. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

As a moderator, we do not have the ability to withhold punishment or even change the length of said punishment. In this instance, I couldn't just overlook what had happened with your PM about in-game details.

I will be unbanning you as this was clearly a mistake on your part, and I really hope you do not do this again. This also means that your next offense of ghosting will NOT be voided, and it will be considered your 2nd offense (8 months).

Consider this my present to you for Christmas.

Appeal approved, have a great day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.