Answered is calling someone a retard and they take offense harassment

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by john redcorn, May 9, 2020.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

2. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I was already intending to talk to @Pokeben10 about the wording he used there before this question thread was made.

It would have been far better for him to say something along the lines of, "A single instance of name-calling isn't something we go out of the way to warn for, even if the person was 'offended.'"

As for Pacifist's warning, context is important. UncleBee was warned for harassing him, among others, and Pacifist retaliated back. So I deemed it only fair to warn both parties.

In the case of Indy V Cowcakes, he implies Cowcakes is a retard by using a meme. Which, would be rather silly to warn just for that single instance.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

3. john redcorn

4. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Context again is important. You called nilz a fag directly after being told you could be warned for doing so.

You've made it clear you disagree with that in your report. This is not the place to discuss it again.

As for whether or not we consider retard a slur instead of a common insult, I'm gonna say no.

5. john redcorn

6. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

Staff hold every right to choose to punish for harassment or not, depending on the circumstances.
    In some of those instance you're refering to staff choose to punish and in some they didn't.

That's what I have been taught over 2 years ago, how it has been since and how staff should have handled it. (%the n and f word that was complete no no)

If you wanna change that make a suggestion.

Edit: and yes indeed that's an example from our rules.

7. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I said this in-game to Jabba, and I should have said it in the report: while what Indy did could technically be considered harassment, it wasn't anything I could punish for outside of warning him which I did when I concluded the report.

8. john redcorn

Wait so he was forum warned? Thats what you imply

Did he get a warning point- because i'm pretty sure indy has built up enouhg points that he should be banned if he did... if not, What harrassment warnings get a warning pt vs which ones don't?

9. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Indy's post was such a minor case of harassment that I decided to give him an informal warning rather than a literal forum warning point.