Immunity Upgrade

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Red, May 23, 2015.

1. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

To sum it up,

1. We have Tripmine immunity
    2. We have Death Station heal

Why not have an upgrade to be immune to all T weapons?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

That'd be a bit excessive.

Though I'm sure my T buddies would be grateful not to have to deal with my Harpoons anymore.

EDIT: The coding for this would also be a bit... Much. This also could've been described a bit better than it was in my opinion.

3. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

To ALL T weapons? Innocents can pick up mp7s, dragunovs, and commonly use those to kill traitors. If there was something to be immune to all T weapons, it would be ridiculously overpowered, and it would also cause a lot more issues with people being called out as traitors because they didn't die to certain weapons/explosions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Average Guy

Average Guy Averageness is subjective. VIP

Im not for or against this idea, but I do have a better alternative. How about a sort of immunity to C4 and harpoons. Maybe not all T weapons, just those two.

5. Miss Alice

I think this would work.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

While I would like this, but it could instant KOS players who somehow live from C4's or Harpoons. And if an Inno were to get a Harpoon and throw it in the T room, the T's are immune, which kinda sucks for the innos.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Miss Alice

Kinda the point.

8. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

Traitors already have the anonymity as well as the weapons to win the round. They don't need invulnerability as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Miss Alice

Fair enough but they still get a plethora of other upgrades.

I've given my two cents. Back to the original subject at hand from here

10. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

I'm just gonna
    This.
    Seems a bit OP.

• Like Like x 1
  11. C4 immunity for T's might be a good one, with blast damage reduction. too many times i've died to another player's C4 :facepalm:

12. How bout Ts being able to be immune to T weps if they are held by a T. If an inno holds them, their immunity is gone.

13. Red

All right, how about this: "C4 Blast Damage Resistance" and "Harpoon Immunity"?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things VIP Silver

So if an innocent throws a harpoon at a T with this upgrade he can't die?
    It that's the case I don't like it. :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

No it's like when a t uses another traitors death station, it doesn't blow up, but it blows up if used by an inno. If a traitor got hit by another traitors harpoon nothing would happened but if an inno were to use it on a t it would kill them because an inno is using it.
    Also +1 for the c4 upgrade thing

16. Red

IDK man, I'd love to see confused people and their reactions when their poons pass through traitors

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

I dont like the whole idea of the harpoon, I feel as if it would be a little to OP, but it might work.
    For the whole "C4 immunity/C4 resistance" I think that idea is good, however I the immunity part is to OP. Resistance would be better IMO, 25% resistance, 50%, etc.

18. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

I don't see any sort of explosion immunity working, it would lead to too much killing on suspicion/rdm.

For example, if a C4 goes off and someone is just outside the radius/walks near where it blew up right after it explodes, I can see people assuming that they took no damage from the C4 explosion, then concluding that they're a traitor and killing them for it. Leads to far more hassle than its worth.

Similar thing with harpoon immunity, if someone is watching two people from the side, and sees a harpoon fly right "through" him, the victim may be killed when in actuality the harpoon just happened to go right next to him.

We can make it so that it's against the rules to kill for these things, but even then, it won't prevent the deaths of many players, and I think prevention should be priority over punishment.

I can see @TeeZy 's suggestion of explosion resistance working much better, as long as the resistances are set to balanced levels.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

No immunity to harpoons! There is no greater joy than picking up a missed harpoon and throwing it back at the T who threw it. Or just holding onto it until a T reveals himself and killing the last T with a stab through the heart

20. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

How about a body armor upgrade that increases the amount of armor you can buy by up to 50%?

That's the closest thing to some immunity I think traitors should get.

• Like Like x 4