Denied ImAParrot's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by ImAParrot, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImAParrot

ImAParrot New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    ImAParrot
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:47204718
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I believe I was banned because I placed a c4 as an innocent and killed two people. I sat through one slay, but could not sit through the other because I was falling asleep sitting up at my computer. I announced that I was exhausted and that I would be unable to sit through my second slay, hoping that would generate the understanding that I was not just simply avoiding the punishment I deserved like an irresponsible, feathery douche.

I have put 25 hours into the vanilla server and for the vase majority of that time, I have been a cooperative and kind player. I honestly don't enjoy being any other kind of player.

I was banned for 57 days and I believe that is a bit harsh for "avoiding" my slay, especially in the manner that I did it.

I hope that we can reach some sore of understanding and allow me to continue to enjoy the Serious TTT servers.

Thank you for your time,

Jackie - ImAParrot
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

You were banned for 4th offense of RDM and Leave by @Giruti and it was extended by @Sinz due to the number of prior offenses you have.

They will reply at their earliest convenience

3. Onsight

Onsight First Of His Name VIP

I'd like to say... I was present for this event, it happened about two or three days ago, I believe. I was actually going to act on this ban but since Giruti was the one who issued the slay he said he'd do the ban.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that this was a fair slay, and all, but I think the punishment may have been a bit too harsh for one that had already lived out half of their slay offense. We've all been at position of exhaustion so late at night, and knowing he needed to leave it was good of him to remain for his slay, of course until he left during the second round of it. Whiles that is typically frowned upon I'd like to request that Imaparrot's ban be lessened or removed all together so that he can return to vanilla to serve his slay.

SeriousTTT makes a point of not jumping to conclusion based on suspicion. While, yes, he did say that he was exhausted and had to go to sleep, we don't KNOW that that was the entire case.

I hope you'll take all points of this into consideration, and consider my request.

4. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Hello Jackie orImaparrot! I hope you're having a fantastic day!

As you were informed by my fellow staff members, I banned you because you left during your 2 slay rounds for RDMing 2 innos with a C4. As you are aware, if you choose to RDM a player, you must serve the punishment to its fullest extent. Since you RDMed 2 players, you were entitled to serve 2 slays all the way through or you would be banned (as you can clearly see with your current situation). You failed to serve the slay rounds and I chose to ban you as a result. Just because you're "tired" does NOT mean that you can simply get away with avoiding punishments especially since you did RDM more than one person.

Normally, I would accept your appeal and allow you to serve a slay if this was your first offense, but this is your 4th Offense. Considering that fact and that you still deliberately chose to the servers knowing that you would leave during your slay round, I will be denying your appeal. This appeal will be locked at your acknowledgement!

You will be serving your punishment to its fullest extent!

I hope you understand why this decision was made and I hope that you take this time to understand our rules!
    Sincerely, Giruti{GC}

5. ImAParrot

ImAParrot New Member

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my appeal and I appreciate the input that the mods/admins have given this post.

I understand your position as a Mod/Admin as it is your duty to help provide a fun and non-toxic environment for the playerbase at large. I also cannot speak for my previous two offenses and I have no idea how grave they are and have no way of knowing how they impact the overall picture here. However, in my defense, I would like to say that 4 offenses over a span of 25 hours is hardly anything to sneeze at. This being said, it is apparent that my actions for the majority of my time spent on Serious TTT servers have featured observance to the rules.

Mistakes are made and made a poor choice by laying that C4 as an innocent. I certainly see the errors of my ways and I extend an apology to you and the general population of players. I hope that you can see that there is room for a nuanced decision in this situation and that not all instances of rule breaking, and subsequent punishment, are black and white.

Best regards,

- Jackie, ImAParrot

6. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Thank you for your understanding. This appeal is now locked. Have a good day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.