Denied im probably innocent's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by im probably innocent, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    I'm probably innocent
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:122091171
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Because i didnt ghost at all idk why i got banned for that
    Evidence of Innocence:
    i dont have any #rip but i didnt ghost im not a loser​

2. J.T.Ripper

J.T.Ripper Ughuuuu. VIP

You were banned by @Graze for Ghosting. Please be patient while they respond at their earliest convenience.

3. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

4. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter, as I have been rather sick. I still am, but things such as this take some level of precedence. I will now take the time to explain the process of ghosting, and the matter that you engaged in that lead to your ghosting ban.

On the 6th of this month, you were playing on our East 1 server when there was a little amount of players online. As far as I am aware, there was just one more traitor alive who happened to be afk, along with Python, who was a detective, as well as a body that was unidentified that Python was unaware of, so Python was not allowed to kill the afk traitor until overtime. Despite this, you, as well as two other players messaged Python over the in-game "!p-chat" regarding the identity of the afk player, as well as his location. A screenshot detailing the event can be seen here that includes your exact message:

[​IMG]

Now, the intentions are harmless enough, but this still qualifies as ghosting under the rules here on our servers. If you are not familiar with our policy on ghosting, you can review them, as well as all of the rest of our rules at this page:

http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/a-guide-to-sttt-extended-rules-info-tips-tricks.12605/

You can see the exact rule on ghosting says the following: Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of. This includes using in-game private chat, admin chat, steam chat, Skype, TeamSpeak, etc.

Since the player was not aware of the information that you shared regarding an in-game event, you as well as the other 2 players involved are guilty of ghosting. Even though it's a rather minor offense of ghosting, I was not able to use discretion to not ban you or issue you a reduced ban.

In regards to your ban, I will not be unbanning you or reducing it's length. This is due to your ban history of 5 instances of RDM and Leave, as well as the comment that you can see at the bottom of the screenshot stating that you should have pushed the player off the ledge with a barrel, something that is considered RDM on our servers, and something that doesn't show up in the logs. I recommend not to do this in the future, as it can lead to slays and bans should staff members catch you doing it/lying about it.

You are not banned on the remainder of our servers currently, and you can play on those while you serve out the rest of your ban on East 1. Thank you for taking the time to file an appeal on the matter.

Appeal Denied.
    Thread Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.