Answered If I call "twink" a slur, is it harassment even if he's fine with it?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by john redcorn, May 1, 2020.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

title

2. john redcorn

Likewise, was the guy in the screenshot calling highwon a nigger warned for his actions?

3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

4. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

@wink I don't know if you saw my post in your count to three thread, but I'll reiterate it here:

From the Extended Rules:
    [​IMG]

As you see here, using targeted slurs is listed as an example of harassment.

There is only 1 provision listed regarding "being offended", and that is "Simply "feeling offended" does not guarantee punishment when it comes to harassment."

This means that the person calling "twink" a slur in the hypothetical scenario in this thread's title can be punished for harassment. The question of will they be punished for harassment depends on the context of the conversation and the Staff Member handling the situation.

Hopefully this helps put your question about slurs to bed.

5. john redcorn

cool where’s the warning then

6. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

It's unknown when the screenshot was taken in that instance, but it is safe to assume Highwon handled the situation how he liked, if at all.

7. john redcorn

So any time a player says “oh look at that faggot over there” or “here’s my faggot friend nilz” I should report them to the highest available authority immediately even though it might not be harassment like it wasn’t in the case with highwon and that was pretty head on got it

8. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Yes. As you should know from being a staff member, we very often ignore harassment against ourselves, and are encouraged to have thicker skin. So if Highwon didn't feel like taking action on his own behalf, that's perfectly reasonable.