Denied Hodir's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Hodir, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodir

Hodir VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Hodir
    Your Steam ID:
    Damn I wish I knew how to find this
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Well, this is a ban with a long story, and I was banned for RDM. However, the problem was it, wasn't really RDM. I started off the match, and as always, I either buy a winchester or one of those really cool shotguns. Well, when I went to hit the X button out of the F3 page, I shot, twice I believe. The first shot hit a player carrying with a magneto-stick with a flaming barrel. The second, almost simultaneously shot hit the barrel he was carrying. He held this barrel in a group of people, as it was lit on fire. He then proceeded to run around with the people who were running from the barrel, when it exploded, I was flagged as the killer and was reported by 3 people.

I tried typing out a detailed explanation of what happened, but the Report interface was bugged and every time I typed a long explanation, past a certain word count, it would get deleted. Frustrated, I typed a half decent response and submitted the report.

As soon as the barrel exploded, I typed in @ "hello admins" "I've messed up big time" "I shot an explosive barrel" or something very close along those lines before I was shot and killed by a T. So there was instant remorse as I know what I did was wrong, yet it was entirely accidental and was a problem with the Razer Naga mouse and it's notorious double clicking problems. Ant was deciding on whether or not to ban me, I used the restroom, and came back to find myself banned for 5 days, which left me heartbroken because that was unintentional to it's core.

However, the rage of one player losing his T round and 2-3 other innocents dying (including the one who was holding the the barrel, who was the angriest mind you) is still my fault, and I do claim responsibility. Whether banned or unbanned, I post this here so I'm not tagged as an RDMer, that's not who I wish to be known as. I know this looks bad since I just appealed, but I'm so sorry and I just didn't mean to.

I've attached some articles about the Naga Double Click so I can prove to you this isn't just one of those "Misclick, not RDM" situations. Also for further clarification, what happens in a Naga Double Click is that you click once, and then a another click happens in an entirely uncontrollable fashion. In some cases, a third click can happen later, about a second later, when you release. To avoid this, I usually aim at walls when buying guns, but sometimes accidents happen and I just want to clear my name up.

Have a good day, so sorry for the inconvenience, I'm ashamed.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Hello Hodir,

You were banned by @ant. for Mass RDM 4+ , he will respond at his earliest convenience.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I want to testify that this kind of thing has actually happened to me before. Sometimes it happens to fire the weapon when I close my menu and sometimes it fires the weapon I have when I click anywhere on the menu. I don't have a Naga, but this has happened to me.

Also, if you shot the guy first and he was carrying the barrel toward people(committing a traitorous act), and the shot the barrel on accident, the guy that was carrying the barrel should be the one held responsible.

4. PurpleDerpyDerp

PurpleDerpyDerp New Member

Shall I say he did rdm me but he story doesn't cut out the two shots were seperated by 5 seconds at most. Just wanted to share some insight from one of the victims and also I believe you were moving at the time.

5. Han

Han       VIP

Wouldn't it be hard to prove that he actually ran toward people? The barrel is only aflame a very short time.

I can also testify that sometimes the shop messes up, though. On top of that, I've had frags I bought get thrown instead of closing the shop window. Kind of glitchy.

6. ant.

ant. I'm not your da da VIP Silver

Hello @Hodir ,

[​IMG]

From what I could see from the damage logs and your explanation, you accidentally shot @PurpleDerpyDerp who was carrying/next to the barrel, which caused an explosion 1 second later. 1 second is too short of a time for him to move a barrel into the middle of a group, which means he would have already been very near a group of people and it would be RDM if you shot it intentionally. However, you must understand that a misclick, whether it's from hardware or accidentally clicking yourself, is still your fault. Therefore, I must deny your ban appeal.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.