Dev Help me build my TTT map - Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Loldudethe6th, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Loldudethe6th

Loldudethe6th Member

Greetings, fellas!

I am glad to announce that I haven't been any closer to finishing my first TTT's map layout.
    Since the Minecraft Vanilla TTT server has way too many shitty maps, I decided to dedicate a map for it.
    So I'm asking your help for any suggestions or ideas that might fit in. The whole concept is of a
    Minecraft ravine, so the entire map will be underground with an opening for the sky only in the ravine itself.

What I'm looking for is specific area ideas such as a tunnel that has certain features, or a room that is well designed. Anything from a text description to a blueprint or a drawing will be useful if it would fit!

I'm posting here exclusively images from the new map. Obviously, it is not finished, but it might get you to understand what I need. Be creative! And I'm sure I'll implement something from your suggestions.

I'm currently lacking couple of ends for tunnels / connection routes. Some areas with rather large open space (still underground), traitor tester and traitor room. If you have a cool idea about any of these areas, do post a reply below and I'll be happy to review it. Thanks in advance!

Main ravine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cave
    [​IMG]
    Ravine + tunnels (side)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Can you use more colors and brick variety? Its awfully bland, even for Minecraft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Loldudethe6th

Loldudethe6th Member

As I said, it is not finished. I will add dirt, gravel, ores and much more, probably re-texture the entire map. You're not really helping with this.
    If you guys have more of complaints rather than ideas, better keep them to yourselves.

4. Carned

It's called constructive criticism, something you asked for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Loldudethe6th

Loldudethe6th Member

Honestly, I was just asking for suggestions for specific areas (as I mentioned above). You must have misunderstood me.
    I don't see my initial post to have the word "criticism" or anything remotely similar to it. Just ideas and suggestions for areas or connection routes.

6. Carned

I suggest you add more block and color variety.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Can we get this moved out of deathrun section?

8. News Network

News Network broken VIP

Thread moved to development.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Shepsky

Shepsky Active Member

Add T traps, T room, and make it bigger.
    Add some water, details(moving minecarts, pickaxes on the walls), etc.

I don't get the theme of the map. Seing the skybox it seems that it has to be something on the air but it looks like a bunch of caves.

10. Loldudethe6th

Loldudethe6th Member

I stated only the big ravine will have a view to the skybox. I surrounded the map with skybox for testing purposes (to block leakes in some unfinished areas),
    because that's how you test maps.