Harrassment

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by The Baron, Apr 7, 2014.

1. The Baron

The Baron VIP

Lately on some servers I hear younger kids being disrespected by older people because of their voice. The older people playing this game do not need to say some of the stuff that comes out of their mouths wether directed towards the player himself or someone else.

I think that if people are harassing in a group then they should be given a warning, the next time is a full gag round, the next is a kick, then after that a temp ban. When I first got on the server it was filled with kind people but lately I have been seeing negative and immature behavior to others.

I take harassment as something serious. Some kids will be really offended by the joke or whatever someone is doing to them so when they aren't online they cry or feel bad about themselves.

I just feel like Harassment should be taken a little more seriously now.

Thank you for your time,

sincerely,
    The Baron

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Sometimes the staff that are online do not witness or understand the severity of hurt that can come from group harassment and "singling out". I agree that harassment is a serious issue and that it should be taken seriously, especially harassment from a group directed to singling out a single person. I was myself was once staff and I know from experience that there are a lot of things you must do simultaneously to meet the needs of the server you are moderating, but sometimes not everything can be caught; which is why, I would recommend you message the staff in admin chat (@message) to bring the situation to their attention so that they can put a stop to it. It's a big part of a staff members job to ensure that everyone is enjoying themselves on the server, and to stop players who have malicious intentions. So next time you encounter such an issue, you'd not only be doing the staff a favour by giving them a quick message on the situation at hand, but you'd also be helping those who are being affected.