Answered Gun Skin/ Sound customisation

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Rhienor, Oct 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rhienor

Rhienor Integrity VIP

So I find the normal guns all look a bit bland.
    Is it against the rules to reskin them so life gets more exciting?

Also, another one. Is changing sounds of a weapon or gun allowed as well? I haven't found anything in the rules to say it isn't. I don't know whether changing the HUD or similar aesthetic changes are even allowed anyway.
    Thanks all!

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

You are allowed to change the sounds and the skins of the guns. I personally have a bunch of mine set to the ones i have in CSGO which look pretty awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I have all my vanilla guns recoloured and my flare gun is bright gold making it easier to see.

There is no rule against it simply because it's impossible to enforce due to being client side and undetectable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Rhienor

Rhienor Integrity VIP

Thanks all, I'm gonna start customising my sounds (I already had all normal + T weps coloured) so I can hear stuff better.
    In my opinion I see it as leveling the playing field as I can't hear C4 whatsoever, but thanks for clarifying everyone!

5. cmdylan15

cmdylan15 Regular Member

How you can customize weapon skins and sounds??

6. I wrote in the readme.txt in one of my mods for Garry's Mod. (http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/cs-go-butterfly-knife-for-crowbar-replacement.30797/) Here it is:

Navigate to this folder path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons\

Place the "version 1.5 csgo weapon pack" folder (or whatever the mod you have is called) into the addons folders.
    Next, put the addons.txt file into the addons folder.

When your done, you should have a folder in your addons folder called "version 1.5 csgo weapon pack" (or whatever mod you put in) and a file named "addons.txt"

• Winner Winner x 1