Guilty by association rules

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Silent Rebel, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I think the guilty by association rule needs to be changed slightly.

A player is only guilty by association if they are found to be witnessing players committing traitorous acts and not attempting to kill/call said player out.

Today, i saw a situation that follows this rule, but i don't think is very fair. A traitor started opening fire on a group of players, and the group of players were confused and disorientated by the attacker. Now, there was 1 player who backed away, trying to get out of the situation. The group returned fire, and many crossfires happened due to the innocents shooting eachother out of confusion. The player backed out of the situation because he didnt know who was who, and just wanted to get away instead of opening fire on all the innocents/traitors. The detective killed this person for Guilty By Association, since he chose not to open fire on the people commiting traitorous acts (killing players, opening fire on eachother).

This doesn't seem fair to me. Sometimes when I see people shooting at eachother, I won't do anything about it because I don't know who is a traitor or who actually started the firefight. But when I do that, i can be kosd for guilt by association. This punishes players for standing back and assessing the situation instead of just mowing down anyone doing a traitorous act.

What do you guys think?

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

I'm moving this over to Suggestions mainly because you're suggesting a change in one of the rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

Kill everyone and ask questions later.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Karma says hi.

• Like Like x 2