Fun rounds

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Stone Wall Jackson, Dec 21, 2014.

?

Vote for type of fun round every map?

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. Maybe, depending on the amount of players

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I think that every time we play a map, we play all but the last round as usual. Then, you should be able to vote for what type of fun round you get (harpoon wars, one in the chamber, etc.). This would benefit the server for bringing some extra fun to it and not be the same thing over and over again, while also giving the players a chance to decide what they want to play, not a pre-chosen fun round. This would also make it so fun rounds happen more often, as sometimes they might not occur all that often.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Matt_Allen

Matt_Allen I'll miss you all VIP

Hmm, an interesting idea, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

One good thing I see coming from this is that it gives moderators a round to deal with reports since they disappear at map change. This would remove the need to screen shot. (for the most part. )

EDIT: So I just found out that the RDM manager doesn't work during fun rounds. This combined with what MangoTango said make me feel that this is a bad idea.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

+1

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

No. We should not have predictable fun round time that gives players the opportunity to race through the rounds.

Keep it random and keep players playing.

As soon as you start playing fun rounds every map you will saturate the point market, as well as the fun round occurrences. This means that things in the shop would cost more and fun rounds would eventually get dull.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Wasn't it added in the Halloween update that there is at least one fun round per map?
    I also think that if this was implemented, the community would eventually lean towards one fun round over the others, and there were be consistent wars of the same kind at the end of each map. Random fun rounds helps with this because eventually the fun round the player wants to play will come around, as chances are that there will not be more than two OitC/Harpoon/Headshot wars in a row

• Like Like x 1