False slay by candycore

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Silent Rebel, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Name of Staff/Player: CANDY

SteamID of Staff/Player: cba

Server: West 2

Time of Occurrence: 1:50am Pacific time

Reason For Report: there was a big cluster of koses being called and people dying, i heard morty call multiple koses and i hear him call a kos on someone who i believed was inno so i called a kos on him. Candy slayed me for false kosing, even though morty called a kos on someone. She says that the body was ID'd as a traitor BEFORE i called a kos on him, but that is wrong. As you can see in the video, i call a KOS on morty and then about 1-2 seconds later, the body is ID'd as a traitor. I didn't see this due to all teh chaos, so i continued to try and kill morty.

00:27 I Kos morty for Kosing captain
    00:31 The popup "cpt engrish" was a traitor pops up

Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

[​IMG]

2. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

@Candycaneore will reply when she can.

But this does seem like a false slay but we'll know more when she replies.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

What was your reason to believe he false KOS'd that player? If you had no proof that the player he KOS'd was innocent, you called a KOS on him based on the suspicion that you thought he called a false KOS.

4. Silent Rebel

He was already acting suspicious earlier in the round (why i had him marked), and i thought kosing a player was treated the same as killing the player? If he koses a player, and i think they are inno for whatever reason, i am allowed to kos/kill the original koser. Just like if i see him kill someone, whether or not i know he killed a traitor, i am still allowed to kill/kos him.

5. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

He's in the right, Mango.
    I've seen this happen with admins before, you can kill someone for calling KOS's.

But we'll wait for Candy to reply to know more for sure.

6. Grandpa Rick

Grandpa Rick Member

He calls the KOS out of sus he does not let me ID body he just gets up and calls it because he has sus on me for calling a kos on someone who has killed a Inno. He IDed the body whom cpt engrish has killed.

7. Silent Rebel

[​IMG]

8. DocFox

You can't assume that every player in the game is innocent, because you don't know that. The same way that you can't assume someone is a traitor unless they do something traitorous, you can't assume someone is an innocent unless you see them get proven by killing a traitor or by being tested; sometimes if a detective calls them innocent.

What you did was assume that he called a false KOS, but had no proof that it was a false KOS. A KOS is not the same as killing someone; it is saying that this person did something traitorous and needs to be killed. The only way to determine that that person is false KOSing is by either knowing the person they KOS'd is proven or by them being identified as innocent.

Just like you can't assume everyone is a traitor, you can't assume everyone is innocent and, unless you had been with the KOS'd player the entire round or watched them get proven, you can't kill someone for KOSing them.

Usually when you have seen admins do this, it is because one of those things had occurred.

9. Silent Rebel

10. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

Actually that's not correct. When you call a KOS you risk being killed yourself if you think they are lying you can kill them. I was told this by Angelx herself after It happened to me.

11. Grandpa Rick

Grandpa Rick Member

Now you are changing the subject, he is saying the truth you called a KOS on me because I called out someone else you just hate me so you want that revenge on me so you can call KOS. In video u even have me marked as kill.

12. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

I could not find a (public) forum post about False KOSing / KOSing in general, but I will say this. I have been told by both experienced mods and admins that "If a player calls a KOS, if for any reason you think it is a false one. You can kill the player" I would assume the same goes with KOSing the player back.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  13. DocFox

That's completely killing someone on suspicion. What's your proof that it's a false KOS? Because simply calling a KOS isn't traitorous.

14. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

This is taken from Staff Discussion:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  15. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

Turning the entire server against a player is not traitorous act? are you sure that makes sense? In most cases you should follow the first KOS but you are allowed to kill the KOSer

16. Grandpa Rick

Grandpa Rick Member

Well that's is kinda weird because if someone calls KOS you can just walk and kill the KOSer.

17. DocFox

So Sinz reiterated my point. Unless you KNOW the KOS'd player is innocent, you can't assume it's a false KOS, because then it wouldn't be assuming then, would it?

18. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I usely KOS/kill the person that call's a KOS if the person that called the kosses survived for too long in the round while he was a lot of time's alone. This is because well when I'm a traitor I usually start calling false kosses so Inno's do the dirty work for me. You are allowed to not follow kosses thought some people call is assasociation then.

19. Silent Rebel

Yes, you can. LOL. how is that weird? If someone is kosing, they are trying to get a player killed. It's pretty much treated the same as killing someone. Because when you kos someone, they will almost always die that round or at lest be hunted down by the whole server.

20. DocFox

Only if you know the KOS'd player is innocent. Just as Event said in SD. Key word there is KNOW. If you simply think, that's like saying, "I think you're a traitor, so I will kill you."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.