False Reports

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Fritos® Chicken Enchilada, Jul 2, 2014.

1. I understand there is a punishment set for false reports, but I've run into something much more troubling to me.

I think there needs to be a set punishment for lieing in a report. I've had times where I was RDMed because of "throwing barrels" where I never used my magneto stick or where I was killed for having a T weapon which I never bought.

I understand there is a huge difference between mistake and lieing, but the problem is real.

I would think of course if someone lied in a response to RDM, they should get slayed, obviously, but if it continues they should be kicked/banned for repeated lieing.

When it comes to lieing as a victim, it's harder to figure out as most of the time they click "report" without hesitation, no matter how they died, so this should remain with the rules of false reports.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

How do you propose we sort out the liars from the rest of the legitimate reports? In word vs word situations, either the defendant or plaintiff have the potential to be lying. So, when that happens, nothing can be done.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Sora

Sora S-Senpai notice m-me! VIP

I think he's taking about more blatant lies, like "He was shooting at me!" but the victim had not shot at all during the round...

@LionDoge

#BUMP

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. LionDoge

LionDoge (◕‿◕) VIP

Sometimes, invite the logs to our pleasant conversation. I saw this report where Player A killed Player B and responds with 'unid'. I checked the logs (for fun) and noticed that no one was dead when Player A killed Player B.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Penny

Penny VIP

They may have mistaken you for someone else who actually had done the things in the reports, it's not always malicious.