Approved ElsidAxe's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by ElsidAxe, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElsidAxe

ElsidAxe VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Rick
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:56284643
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for "ghosting" but I think this was due to negligence of a moderator. While the mod was online the last traitor and detective were aware of the role of the last T, and with such information refused to act upon it, delaying the round. I messaged the mod and over voice chant told him the last t was delaying and the D knew and refused to do anything to kill him, the mod did nothing. so I in my best efforts to move things along for other players and myself, told a player who the last t was and to kill, (i offered him points too but I think that's neither here nor there) he didn't and just reported me to the mod, who then decided to do his job and banned me. once the round ended from a lack of action from both the other ghosting T and D who were not punished to my knowledge for the same thing, I.E. ghosting. I did ghost I accept that, but only as a last resort from a lack of action on the mods behalf, and as a last resort. I forget the name of the mod, but i'm sure someone can find that out. I'm okay with being unbanned or taking the ban (i would prefer the former.) but the mods actions were inadequate and should be taken into consideration.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Salem

Salem VIP

Hi ElsidAxe, I'm going to tag @Senpai Reich as they are the mod who banned you for ghosting.

Please remain patient while waiting for a response.

3. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

Greetings Rick, I'll respond as soon as I can after I reviewed available evidence.

4. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

Thank you for making an appeal on the forums. I have banned you for ghosting (4 weeks). Let me give you the rundown on what happened.

I remember jumping in on a small server and immediately handling handling the reports. There was around 1-2 minutes left in the round when I hopped in and I noticed players drawing on the wall. While I did not get a sense that there was a delay, I do not remember anyone else getting my attention about it. Perhaps there was a buzz for the delay, but I was not there to experience the former part of the round that felt long, and I certainly did not get any admin chat messages sent me other than this screenshot sent to me right when I joined the server:

[​IMG]

We have a strict ruling on ghosting, and your private message to an alive player was no exception in this case. Even though the last traitor was indeed delaying, I do not recall you coming up to me about it personally, but instead decide to take the matter in your hands and even told the player that he will be rewarded 300 points, which made it all more unacceptable.

Although, I did set my priorities wrong (reports first, delay later,) and I can feel for your impatience when it comes to a round that persisted longer than it should've, especially when the last traitor did not actually end up traiting. Also, 4 weeks does seem very harsh as a punishment for one message with the intent to stop the delay. For this, I will go ahead and shorten your ghosting ban to two weeks.

If you have any more concerns, I'll be happy to address them if you add me on steam/start of conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.