Edit the rules...

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Change-up, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Change-up

Change-up "Change is coming" VIP

Hello, I would like to suggest a change in the rules...
    There are some rules that need to be added to the rules....

Ex: It is not KOSable if a player is refusing to get tested, even if told by a detective.

There are many rules that still need to be included to help the STTT community understand all the rules.
    Players are getting punished for things that aren't allowed, but aren't listed in the rules.
    These unwritten rules need to be added to the rules, hopefuly this will clear up some confusion on whats wrong and whats right.

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Our lead admin, @ComPeter, is writing up a rulebook that clarifies those unspoken rules that you are asking about and expands on the MOTD by quite a bit.

3. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I still think the rule about not being forced to test should be in the MOTD. We have room for it.

4. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

I agree with this, orrrr we could just put cat pictures in the motd instead

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

I haven't tested in months and have yet to be killed for it. I don't see it being necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PapaVodka

PapaVodka Big Daddy Overlord Banned

I get killed for it every now and again when I venture over to Vanilla. It doesn't happen as much as the East or West servers but it happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

We don't really need a rule since the rule is already there. If it doesn't say forcing someone to test is allowed, it isn't. Killing someone for refusing to test is killing on suspicion and consequently RDM. I think you more want a clarification in the rules so people have less of an excuse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Enigmatica

We have room for it so why not? It's something I personally get asked a lot, and having it in the MOTD would make it much easier.

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Killing someone for not testing is the same as killing on suspicion. Also, read the traitorous acts; it doesn't say that refusing to test is traitorous. Traitorous acts state what you can kill for; if it's not in traitorous acts, you can't kill for it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  10. Enigmatica

Not a lot of people make that connection as you and I do, which is why I am rooting for its addition under clarifications.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think we should add a note that says, "By playing on the Serious TTT servers, you are showing your acknowledgement that you understand and will abide by the server rules. If you have a questions regarding a rule(s), please ask any of the staff. Thank You."

We gotta remember that if we add too much to the rules, players will both other reading them, as some already don't. We can't hold everyone's hand and explain everything in detail in the MOTD. We will always have players that try to use the excuse that it isn't in the MOTD and when they say that you say to them, "Please type !motd and look at the traitorous acts and tell me which one the player you killed was committing." I bet they wouldn't use that excuse again; it only takes one mess up to learn it.

"If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

12. Enigmatica

We have room, and adding it would do no harm. I'm not saying we add every little detail, but something as common and controversial across quite a few servers should at the very least get a clarification.

13. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

I ALWAYS get RDMed for not testing.

14. Alienmen1.j2

Alienmen1.j2 New Member

I think we should also change the rule about throwing Discomb being KOSable everywhere.

It should be only when its around high-ground where it could hurt someone or definitely kill anyone from gravity.

Also, getting hurt (1 or 2 damage) from prop because of discomb shouldn't be KOSable (unless someone died of that, which is hilarious and Kosable)

Second suggestion. On overtime, we should be allowed to kill on suspicion to advoid delaying (which happens a lot, delaying) I think we all have enough experience as TTT players to define what suspicion is, without falling into Mass RDM. Per exemple, I know that if I suspect someone and I end up killing him on overtime for suspicion (and he was an Inno) I wont go around and kill randomly people. Il just kill one person and if that person is inno, I wont kill anyone else.

I forgot to add this, you can't kill someone for having the same weapon used to kill an innocent (unless its a T weapon and you are not proven)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Discombob's will always be KOSable, that will never changes.

Just because you know what suspicion is, which may i add literally means NOTHING. How do you define what suspicion is? This will never ever change.

And You can't kill someone for having the same weapon as being killed by, unless you watch them do it, or it is in fact a Traitor Weapon.

16. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Throwing any greande besides smoke is a traitorous act because they have the poetential to hurt other players. I don't think that rule should be changed. Killing on suspicion in overtime is still rdm because well it was a suspicion kill and you may or may not have any evidence that the suspicious player has committed a traitorous act. (Which is enough reason to kill him if that player did commit a traitorous act)