Denied DrWest's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by DrWest, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrWest

DrWest New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Dr West
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:54026961
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I thought that i had waited long enough to see if the slay was incoming, it was an accidental rdm, the server changed and I did not receive a slay for the round I waited before I had to leave for the night guess I didn't wait long enough.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. LegitCake

LegitCake Loyalty Banned VIP

Gonna tag @Lone Wanderer as he was the one who banned you.
    Please wait patiently as he will respond at his earliest convenience, thanks!

3. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Hello, @DrWest. I banned you on 12/05/16 for "RDM and Leave, 1st Offense".

You were banned from a punishment stemming from this report below:

[​IMG]

As you can partially see from the screenshot, culzsky reported you for killing him. Your reasoning was that you thought he threw a grenade, which he does end up doing. However, as you can see from the logs, you started shooting at him before he actually threw the grenade. I should have taken a better screenshot, but you can see at the very top of this log provided here that you were shooting him at 4:09, as well as before at 4:10, and culzsky doesn't throw the grenade until after you've killed him.

I also went back and looked at the scene to make sure he hadn't pulled the pin before you started shooting him, but that wasn't the case. You started shooting him before he did so, meaning that you RDMed him. I can provide this evidence if it requested, but I think the screenshot provided along with my explanation should be enough here.

As for the RDM & leave ban - I wasn't able to get to the report right away, as I was alive during the round and it carried on for awhile; I was actually having to give warnings for traitors delaying the round. So, by the time I got to this report involving you, you had already left the server, and I had to issue an RDM & leave ban for that.

Now, given your response in the report, you acknowledge that you were mistaken in killing him. This should have been some indication that you had a possible slay coming your way. I didn't see exactly when you left, but I issued the slay on you from the report very early into the following round. So you didn't even wait to finish out the round to see if you were going to be slain or not.

Given the evidence and the fact that you left before the round you were reported in was even over, I am going to be denying this appeal. Your ban is only specific to the 'West' server, so you are still welcome to play on our other servers for the remainder of this ban. In the future, when you're reported for RDM, I would recommend asking the staff members online if you're free to go before logging off, to make sure you avoid situations like this again in the future.

Appeal - Denied
    Thread - Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.