Answered Do punishments reset?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Madamelic, May 24, 2014.

1. Madamelic

Madamelic New Member

Hi,

Throughout my time (~a month) at the server, I have accidentally RDM'ed twice. I realized my mistake, admitted to it and asked for a slay.

But yet, on my second time, I get two slays. Which is absolutely in the rules, but I am wondering if I am seriously going to get a ban if / when it happens for playing honestly.

I don't see how it is fair to ban someone for making an honest mistake. Getting caught up in a moment or making a mistake happens.

My question is if punishments reset ever? If they don't, is there anyway for them to? Like a donation?

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

According to the higher ups, the bans you have get disregarded after 3 months. It's going to still be in the record, but if you haven't done anything wrong after 3 months, then the bans are disregarded.

However, the slay count stays. After all, they're mainly numbers.

3. Toyotama

Toyotama VIP Silver

Wait do you mean if you rdm 3 times across all the time you play you get banned? As those get type of punishments get reset on map change.

4. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

5. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

RDM offenses have not been generally defined for a specific amount of time, but I'd say 6-12 rounds would be a fair choice.

As for this, you weren't slain 2x because of an RDM you did a month ago, you probably RDM'd 2 players in a single round (as in, damaged, not killed).

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Generally, RDM offenses last during your your play period on the server for that day/night. Your RDM previous offenses would not carry over from the previous play period.

However, as seen in the punishment rule change, you have the opportunity to be pardoned if you go punishment free for that designated time. Keep in mind that punishments are always subject to change at an admin's discretion.