Discomb Rules!

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by My Dime Is Up, Mar 16, 2015.

?

Add this rule?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Hi,

I do not know how many times this has happened to you or me. But im sure its a lot!

So your having fun, you throw a discomb no where near a ledge Everyone laughs but this 1 guy says "HAHA! Threw discomb! Time to kill you!" and he does. Now mods aren't allowed to slay since your throwing a grenade.

My suggestion is, throwing a discomb is only traitorus when near a ledge or place that cause a players health to be reduced!

Also according to here, one if the questions is
    • Did they intend to hurt innocents?
    The obvious question is no if there is no fire or a ledge near by. So obviously I think this should be a rule that should be added to reduce RDM and just plain old abusing rules!

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. Implementing this is only going to confuse the way staff members handle reports.

Also, discombobs fling people's vision from one side to another, throwing off someone's aim not only throwing people off edges.

3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Putting a rule in like "did they intend to hurt innocents" just leaves more room for uncertainty. More room for people to abuse it. That's why it isn't that way. You could describe most locations as an area the discombob could hurt you - all the area needs is a prop. So then people start making up excuses instead, not solving the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Or, you know, don't throw them for no reason.

The main reason the current rule works is because it is objective and not subjective, like the change you are suggesting.

Look inward to attempt to solve a "problem" before you suggest outward changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Most Discombobulator kills are Unintentional if we become more lenient on it, Please refer to Zikeji's comment

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

+1 I'M LOVIN IT, this has been suggested many times before but I still plus a million for this

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Well, TTT is all about decision making. You have a decision to make to kill the player committing or not. If you believe someone is a threat, there are these rules that allows you to legitimately determine your reasoning of doing so. Deleting a rule has nothing to do with that decision, it just allowed the player to have one more chance to decide. If they identify you as a real threat to them, they proceed to kill you; if they do not, you are spared. A real innocent doesn't commit traitorous acts in an attempt to create chaos. If you know that what you will do will create murders, then do not complain about the murder after doing it. If the player killing you labeled you as a threat and decided to react on you committing a dangerous act, it's not their fault that you suddenly feel bad after clearly giving him a chance for him to kill you. If you don't want to give others a chance to kill you, then do not commit acts that threaten someone's life. Deleting a rule, a mere chance for other player seems very illogical to your problem of people killing you. So, instead of changing other's mind, jot down this one rule in your dictionary: if you give them people a chance or doing something, and then they do it, there is no point in acting over them doing it. Since you obviously let him do it; it's not him the one that should be blamed here. If you want chaos, go commit traitorous acts. If you do not, then do not. As simple as that.

8. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

It would just make the staff that is online at the time, have an even harder time figuring out to slay or not. Staff can't see where they threw the discombobulator so it would make every report word vs word regardless, so easy enough just don't throw them unless you're a Traitor. And don't get caught doing it. Then you won't be killed, however you throw them as an innocent and it damages/kills someone, enjoy the slay my friend. Whether you were purposely trying to hurt innos or not, its on you.

9. MyriadOfChaos

MyriadOfChaos It was fun.... VIP

This would be a terrible idea for all the reasons already stated...that and ill admit i kill ANYONE who throws a discombob, simply because, you made the decision knowing what the consequences are. Would you get mad at a cop for ticketing you for running a stop sign, if you say yes, then that just shows you have poor decision making skills :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.