Approved DisCHQ's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by DisCHQ, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisCHQ

DisCHQ Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    DisCHQ
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:0:20907418
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I tried joining the server today only to be greeted by a mssg saying I was banned for 27 days. After some digging it turns out I was banned for hacking, now I certainly do not use cheats not sure what I can do to prove that.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Don't realy have anything to prove anything with.​

2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Hello there DisCHQ,

I hopped on Vanilla the other day and a player sent me two videos of your game-play, one regular and one in slow motion. In the videos you can see your cross-hair flick to the guys head in a straight line, tracking his head.

https://streamable.com/7wm28 (Real Time)
    https://streamable.com/goo2z (Slow Motion)

I'll let you respond before giving my final input.

4. DisCHQ

DisCHQ Member

Well its not cheats, what might be happening is that since this was recorded on the US server I'm playing there with about 150 - 170 ms delay. At that ping you can get a desinc between client and server making it what the spectator is seeing (serverside) not be the same as what I am seeing at that point making aim look snappy as the server catches up with the client. In part this might also have to do with the lack of usage of the lagcompensation(): function on the TTT sweps. (wich is why hitdetection is so fucked in TTT.) Right after I killed toggl in this fragment I end up fighting the last guy missing 3 or 4 mags before dieing.

5. Jabba the Slut

There is another clip we have of you from awhile back that could be used in addition to the clip(s) I provided. At the time it was deemed not substantial enough, but I'm going to add it here because shows another major flick headshot on a Detective.

6. DisCHQ

DisCHQ Member

When you look at that in slow motion you can see roughly what happens. I flick to the det and fire (lucky for sure) as the det and me fire nearly at the same time the server registers the hit on the det first rapidly updating my aimpos to compensate for the desinc causing this very snappy looking aim. Right after that the server hits my client with the ump causing my aim to flick away. Gmod was never designed as a shooter stuff like this happens every now and then. Where the server is playing catchup updating aimpos rapidly because of desinc.

7. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Not sure if I am supposed to post here, but I am the one who provided the links to the admin (the first two). I know you are a great player, and a person who has played FPS games for years. You have thousands upon thousands of hours, and I don't think a person who has that many hours would be hacking on that account. When I posted that link, I didn't have much of concrete evidence. You just looked suspicious, which could be due to the lag. A lot of times when you scout someone, it looks very odd, but that could be because of the latency. At times, you pop up from a corner and have a perfect headshot, before I even have time to react to anything. That has to be the latency issue. In siege, you have that happening a lot; called peeker's advantage. I didn't want you to get banned on a 3 second video, and I told them not to ban you, just look into him (spectate).

I don't feel like a person with thousands of hours would be hacking. Also, I don't think a person who knows that he has cheated would even put the effort into appealing.

I feel guilty for getting you banned, and it seems to be a misunderstanding. I didn't want you to get banned, I wanted them to look into you, in which many cases, it looks like there is something, but it could just be latency.

8. Jabba the Slut

Well DisCHQ. I think you were hacking. I think that you have been hacking for some time.

But, I can't say beyond a shadow of a doubt that these technical issues don't explain the suspicious shots and flicks.

I'm not convinced you weren't using hacks, but I will unban you. If you have been hacking on our servers I highly suggest you disable them. We will be watching.

You have been unbanned.

Appeal: Accepted and Voided.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.