Approved DimmestOfAll's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by DimmestOfAll, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DimmestOfAll

DimmestOfAll New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Sugar Rush
    Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I am appealing my "Hacking (2nd offense)" ban by Timo654. I am not appealing the "+ Advertisement of [...]" portion of my ban which was added later, as I feel that was fair. The ban was initially local to West 2, but was made Global. The ban was shortly after the beginning of the second round about two minutes in on 67th Way.

No software program, shell script, Lua script, or other external assistance was used to gain any kind of unfair advantage at any point during the game. I swear that all of my mouse movement, player movement, and jumping during the game happened only as a direct result of me moving my mouse and pressing keys on my keyboard with my real and human hands.

Timo654 responded to me in Shoutbox saying, "bhop macros are bad; or scripts," which correlates with a bunny-hop chain I accomplished in the barn on 67th Way. I hopped 5-6 times (6-7 if you count the initial jump) before shooting out and jumping into the teleporter. This was the only time I had succeeded to hop more than 2-3 times during that game. I don't get that hop chains that long regularly; It's quite rare for me to get that far. I didn't use any kind of script, macro, or other tool to assist me with this b-hop.

If the ban was unrelated to bunny-hopping then I have no idea what could have caused it and would like to know.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Demo file of events leading up to ban: https://u.teknik.io/BCMX7.dem
    Interesting part happens at the beginning of the second round.

Timo654's response to my public inquiry for details: https://u.teknik.io/tik93.png

I've watched the demo for the entire previous map to make sure nothing in there could have been responsible and found nothing of interest. Despite this, the demo for the previous map is available upon request.​

2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

3. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

I've seen this and I'll respond when I can.

4. Timo654

Hey.

What do you have to say about this and this?

5. DimmestOfAll

DimmestOfAll New Member

The second video you linked was the one I was referring to in my original post. To re-iterate,
    After searching through my demos, I found the first video took place two map changes prior to the second video. In the first video, I make three bunny-hop chains. The first (in the attic) is 7 hops long. The second (in a room next to spawn) is 1 hop long. The third (in the room across) is one or two; I'm not sure. I don't consider the second and third chains to be especially suspicious given how short they were.

That bunny-hop chain I managed in the attic on Clue was just me getting lucky. Throughout both of my demos, I can be seen attempting and failing to bunny-hop. I might shake my mouse in frustration afterwards. Sometimes I do get a few hops but don't gain any speed. I don't always succeed at bunny-hopping and this is shown in my demos.

I'll admit I'm at a near loss for words. I don't know how else to prove my innocence besides surrender demos, insist I didn't cheat, and beg not to be banned. I didn't use any scripts, macros, software or other tools to help me bunny-hop or otherwise manipulate my inputs.

Demo file for first video: https://u.teknik.io/uS9vS.dem
    The interesting part is at around tick 42000, near the end of the demo.

6. Timo654

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of doubt and remove the hacking ban.

However, you'll still have to serve the ban for advertising hacks.

Have a nice day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.