Difficulty

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Fuzzy Slug, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Fuzzy Slug

Fuzzy Slug The Slug Army VIP Emerald

I HIGHLY Recommend we switch to the Difficulty: Normal

My reasoning behind this is simple, with the (in my opinion) terrible combat tactics due to the updates, I believe that either we should switch back to 1.7/1.8 combat tactics or lessen the difficulty to normal because this is just flat out terrible for people that haven't played minecraft at all or people like me that haven't played in years/months.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I honestly have not played MC in probably a year or more and have never used this new combat system, but I'm not having trouble with the mobs and combat system currently.

I'll be Neutral on this though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Neutral.

4. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Disagree. The game is actually was too easy in my opinion. Especially with the addition of McMMO. That paired with the lag on the monsters, it's a cake walk.

Just equip yourself properly for any situation. (Iron armor +tools minimum)

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I'd actually prefer the difficulty to be as hard as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fabulous Fishy

Fabulous Fishy VIP Silver

I believe the combat system is fine the way it is, and is actually more rewarding the way it is if you take a minute to try to grasp it.

As far as I'm aware, the main changes are:

1. Spam swinging doesn't do as much damage
    2. Timed swings do normal damage but have an AOE effect.
    3. Attacking while falling results in a crit (Has been this way for a while, before the major combat rework).

The delay on the timed hit is only about one second, so in terms of DPS it's likely about the same as before it would take a short amount of time before you could damage the entity again anyways.

Overall: Disagree with changing back to 1.7/1.8 combat.

Also, as others have pointed out, minecraft combat is ez pz and should be made more challenging.

7. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

To me, I really don't see a reason to rollback the difficulty. Survival is one of the goals in Minecraft aside from 'Build Everything You Can Imagine'. I can understand for those who don't want to PvP and for new players.

8. ifavila

ifavila Active Member

This is a SERIOUS server. We need to be on a SERIOUS difficulty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1