Approved Deansy's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Deansy, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deansy

Deansy VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Deansy
    Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    EU
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Uh, well I was banned for "Metagaming/Ghosting" yesterday on Dolls, I would throw in a bit of backstory but there's no need for a sob story or a huge explanation as to why I find this ban a bit extreme so I'll just go ahead and shorten it down:
    I was banned for this image

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/1622805828477970265/4D1F293557C36DA2D201C6B339575C011C1245BF/
    and I don't deny any of it, I died at the start of the round whilst AFK and the detective just ID'd my body and went away. I was quite frustrated by this, I had no idea that what I said would actually be said as "Ghosting" and if I knew, I would have never have said it as I know the punishment is so severe and this TTT server is basically the only one I play and a few people have started recognizing me here as I've been active almost daily.
    Although my comment was taken as Ghosting, I never directly said "x is a T" or "x killed me". I assumed that he wasn't experienced as detective and would have appreciated the advice I gave him, but when I seen him ignore it- I lost it and just insulted him and let it be.
    I never knew anything I did would end up in a ban and I've totally learn from my errors, any time I'm dead I won't message anyone- saying anything, as even the simplest things can give away so much information.
    It's my first ban and I hope this whole thing can be overlooked, thanks.

2. Jaysu

Jaysu BAMF VIP

You were banned by @Graze for "Ghosting 1st offense". He will respond when he is available, so please remain patient until then.

3. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

4. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Hello @Deansy, thank you for taking the time to file an appeal here on the forums. I had a feeling that you would appeal the ban the moment that I issued it, and I'm kinda glad to see that you have! I banned you for your first offense of ghosting, and I will now go over what ghosting is and what the verdict of this ban appeal will be.

Ghosting, as defined by the rules of the servers, is:
    • Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of.
    Your action of telling a detective to retrieve DNA from your body qualifies as this since you are informing a player of an event, the event being that your body had DNA of your killer, which they were not aware of. Even though the player had identified the body and looked at it, informing them that there is DNA on it can potentially change the course of play, since they did not notice it the first time. This is why your ban was for ghosting. It appears that you've recognized this, and stated that you will no longer do things of this nature again, which is the only advise that I would have given when it comes to not having to deal with ghosting offenses in the future.

Now, for the verdict of this report. You have a clean history in which no previous bans have been given to you, as well as a good bit of time on our servers and a smaller slay count. I tend to forgive for first bans when they come up, but due to the nature of offensive messages that come after the ghosting messages, I will not remove the ban. I am willing, however, to reduce the length of the ban by one or two weeks, but the ban in general will remain on the EU2 servers. You are welcome to play on the other servers until this ban expires, but until then, the ban will remain in place.

Appeal Accepted
    Ban Remains, but duration shortened by 2 weeks.
    Thread Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.