Approved Darkmage's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by DarkMage, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    DarkMage
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:159601492
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for ghosting when I changed my name to "Manx is the last traitor".
    I realize that this is classified as ghosting and wanted to see if my ban could be reduced by an chance.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....101/DFF7DCF46D280D095878A5E5ACDD3C6544DF341F/
    Evidence of Innocence:
    N/A​

2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

@DexRusky banned you for Ghosting. Please be patient while he gathers his evidence.

3. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

Hey Darkmage,

As you know, I had to ban you for Ghosting when you changed your name to give out the name of a last traitor. While this isn't private messaging somebody in-game, or by other means like Steam Chat/Skype/Discord, when a player changes their name it kicks you from the server while also notifying everyone ingame, alive or dead, what your new name is. After looking through some screenshots and logs, I saw that 'Manx' was an AFK Traitor that had not been killed by anyone.

While I completely understand that you only wanted to keep the round from going any longer and take care of an AFK Traitor so that everyone could proceed to the next round, what you did is technically Ghosting, I only followed simple protocol. You intentions weren't ill, but it still broke one of the major rules of our servers.

I went ahead and reduced your ban down to One More Week, seeing that you had already servered 1/4 of the intial time. Just be careful next time is all, if you find a situation like this again, kindly notify the current staff online through Admin Chat instead :).

Appeal: Ban Reduced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.