Denied Dark Spark ツ's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Dark Spark ツ, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    Dark Spark
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:62865322
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Um, I was waiting nearly 7-8 minutes for a new round and this douche was just camping for half of it and I wanted the round over with and of course I'm impatient as fuck, mostly cause I got killed early as hell into the round.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Not innocent, just stupid and very impatient.​

2. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

You were banned by @Noctorious for "Ghosting". He will respond at his earliest convenience. Thank you for being patient!

3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I will respond in a moment, you've already seen the evidence but I will provide further details

4. No need for further details.
    We all know I did it and I admit to it.
    Like I said I'm impatient and he was taking forever to do something.

5. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Good evening @Dark Spark ツ! It's unfortunate that it came to this. Especially as being one of the players asking for a mod to come on.

As you know, you were banned by me for ghosting. After getting on the server the player Colt (lots of other stuff in his name) messaged me saying that you ghosted who the last T was to him on a previous round. Following procedure I did not take him just at his word and asked for him to take a screenshot providing me with the following evidence:
    [​IMG]

Ghosting, as defined in the MOTD is:
    • Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of.
    • This includes using in-game private chat, admin chat, steam chat, Skype, TeamSpeak, etc.
    • This includes giving away information about yourself.
    • Using public chat, team chat and spectator chat will ensure you aren't ghosting. Any other forms of communication could result in inadvertently ghosting and we will enforce it.
    You told the player 2 major things he was not aware of:
    1) The identity of the last traitor in the round.
    2) The location of the last traitor in the round.

Because of this I had to ban you for ghosting. I understand the frustration of a long round, or round where players are or seem to be delaying, but that does not allow for an exemption from the rules. My suggestion to prevent boredom in this case would to go to you gmod settings and uncheck the box that silences the game when alt+tabbed. Then alt+tab and read on the forums, or talk in shoutbox and just listen for the end round music (or end round sound if you're like me and have that enabled instead).

I'm glad you are willing to admit it was a mistake on your part but I will be denying this appeal. However, the ban is local and I won't seek globalization, so feel free to play on any of our other 5 TTT servers or on our DeathRun server.

Thank you for your time making and reading this appeal. Hope to see you on West 2!

Appeal: DENIED
    Topic: LOCKED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.