Denied Dark Magician Girl's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Dark Magician Girl, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Magician Girl

Dark Magician Girl New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Katherine
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:43239535
    Which Server:
    East2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Hi there. I got banned by Snowflake because "Mass RDM" when it really wasn't Mass RDM in the first place. Me and Detective Mobius were in the Kitchen on the Mansion map and he told me to arm the C4 which I did. We then had a cycle between me and him of disarming and rearming the C4 until someone else ran into the room, and "disarmed" the C4 and it blew up killing 4 people including myself. I don't think I should be banned for an entire 5 days because I was doing as I was told. I didn't see a rule against planting C4 and Disarming it safely. If anything the person who detonated the C4 should be punished as I've never intentionally Mass RDM'd ever before. And this is my first "offense"

Good Day.
    <3​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    You can ask Mobius who was playing as detective at that round who I was talking to. I was not actually ON the C4 or next to it when it was "disarmed" You can ask him for his side of the story if you want. Or ask Death because, although he was a T, I was not arming/disarming the C4 when it blew up and the timer was still at 30+ seconds.​

2. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I'm aware of this, give me a bit to respond.

3. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Alright Katherine,

So, I hopped on to the server due to this report by Death:
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-katherine.47262/

I went to look at the logs and found the following, which I then reported you for as a courtesy to understand why in case you appealed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, with C4 as inno, ... Really, don't arm them. Ever. It will pretty much always be RDM on your part to arm C4 if it kills someone.
    And since 4 people died here, it was a mass RDM 4+ for you, including an additional report where you killed invalidly for ignoring a C4. This is nolonger KOSable in our rules and hasn't been for a long time:
    [​IMG]
    I'd recommend you to read up on our rules to avoid mistakes like this in the future.

As for your defense, you chose to arm it and even though Mobius' disarm attempt is what blew it up at the time, it falls to you for arming it in the first place. Messing around with friends is fine and all, but if it leads to RDM, that's no excuse I'm afraid.

Now, all things considered, I will not be unbanning you from East 2.
    The ban is local so you can still play on our other servers, but I strongly urge you:
    1) to read up on the rules to avoid these situations in the future.
    2) not to arm C4 as an innocent player.

Appeal: Denied.
    Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.