Denied Dani's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Dani, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Dani
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:24719196
    Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    @Smusha banned me.

I know what I did wrong: I used a malfunction pistol on a T buddy while trying to make them kill the last inno (we were three Ts in a hallway with the last innocent). For some reason they didn't shoot the last inno so I shot the inno myself and used a malf on a T buddy to make them shot at the inno as well, therefore doubling the damage.

Obviously things went wrong and I accidentally made the T behind the T with a direct line of sight on the inno shoot the T in front of them. One of my T buddies (@dazza ) died because of me. Surprisingly, I got banned for 3xRDM. (I think I was only reported twice)

I'm not saying that I didn't break the rules (I'm pretty sure that, going by the book, I did deserve the 1 day ban), but I thought this would maybe be a case of admin discretion since

1. It was unintentional (albeit grossly negligient, but so it crossfire in a narrow hallway, and nobody punishes for that).
    2. Nobody who was affected reported me for it, except Jässa, who says that he only reported me because he had to, being a mod.
    3. It was only about 5 seconds before the round ended, so it did not affect anyone's life whatsoever.
    4. It did not change the outcome of the round. (Ts won)

I understand that this needs punishing, since many people took damage because of my dumb mistake, but I think that a 24 hour ban is too extreme when considering every aspect of what happened. Since @Smusha handled it, I thought I may get the punishment lowered to 2-3 slays through admin discretion.​
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Gonna tag @Smusha as he banned you.

3. neutral

neutral VIP

Tagging @Smusha again to close this up seeing as the original ban has already expired.

4. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

Hello @Dani .
    Sorry for not responding quicker, lately my forum alerts have been all over the place and I've been missing a lot of notifications.
    I trust that this hasn't annoyed you too much.

I will be going a little into detail as to why you were banned for Mass RDMx3 that day.
    First off, I will start by showing you all the reports that were made against you that time.

[​IMG]
    This first report was Jassa reporting you for shooting him with the malf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, there were in fact only two reports made against you. The third offense (which granted you the RDMx3 ban was Dazza getting killed because of your malfunction shot)
    You might not have been aware of it at the time but shooting T buddies randomly with a malfunction pistol counts as RDM.(no matter if they get killed cause of it or not)
    Every time you shot a T buddy that round just for "ending that round" you were committing one count of RDM. First one was Jassa, second one was Gucci and the third one was Dazza getting killed cause of it.

Below is a snipped of the Extended Rules Misc. section which outlines it:
    [​IMG]

The last point under the Misc rules is what got you banned.

So now, you might be inclined to ask why weren't you forgiven since it was at the very end of the round and you weren't reported by your teammates.
    It is because intentional RDM cannot be forgiven even if the victim wishes to do so. You knew what you were doing shooting your teammates with the malf. and therefore that no longer counts as accidental RDM (which can be forgiven with the permission of the victim through the discretion of an administrator). On top of that, dazza getting killed by one of the T buddies which you malfunctioned also counted as an RDM Chain and that would also prevent you from getting discretion and forgiveness.

All in all I hope this shines some light on the matter at hand and helps you understand this part of the rules a little better.
    Obviously I cannot unban you anymore as I didn't see the appeal in time. Once again I am very sorry for that.
    All I can do is provide you with the explanation above and let you know that if you wish to talk about anything else you can message me on the forums whenever you wish to.

I wish you a great day,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.