Denied Crystalysed's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by agoddambottom, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    Crystalysed
    Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for Ghosting (First offense) on 03/28/18. I understand why I was banned but I feel like I need a second to defend myself. Yes I was banned for ghosting but I feel like 4 weeks is way too long for an accident like this. Let me explain my side of things:

I was in the discord with @dazza and @LionBattery and we were playing gmod together on the same server. I didn't have my push to talk on which was already a mistake but I didn't feel like I needed to have it on. Lion was dead and Dazza was alive as a Detect and I was a Traitor and alive. I was KOS'd because my T buddy in game was constantly opening the T door with Innos around which was a little frustrating so I said "oh my T buddy is so annoying" but completely forgot that Lion and Dazza could hear me. Dazza heard me but I was already KOS'd so he just ignored me and didn't act on it at all. Then yet again I stupidly spoke to my T buddy to tell them to stop opening the T doors with Innos around and yet again Dazza heard me. The issue was I said my T buddies name and Dazza knew I wasn't talking in the normal chat because he couldn't see me talking. Which again was a huge mistake that I made because I'm stupid and don't think. Eu2 is a server I play very frequently on, I can play on other servers but this is the one I play on the most I just wanted a chance to explain and apologize for my stupid behavior. I was wondering if maybe the time of 4 weeks could be shortened because I honestly didn't mean to mess this up and accidentally ghost. Again I had no intentions to legitimately ghost.

From now on I will learn to turn on push to talk because I am really genuinely sorry and didn't mean to ghost but thanks to my stupidity I accidentally did. I hope you can see my mistakes and forgive me but if you choose not to that's fine too.​
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Ata47

Ata47 Mars Rover Banned VIP

3. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin VIP

I have seen this and will respond later w/ evidence. It may take a while as I leave town in the morning. However, I will try my best to get to this in a timely manner.

For the time being the rule is pasted below for reflection:
    [​IMG]

4. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

I would just like to point out, that it wasn't till after i was dead (which was shortly after these events happened as it all happened rather quickly) that i realised who it was she was even talking to, the outcome of the round was NOT affected in anyway. I continued to camp in my suicide room (im not suicidal pls dont send help) knowing that crystal herself who had implicated herself was a traitor since she was KOSED way before , and her t buddy who she mentioned was dead before me i believe and as i said i didnt even notice she mentioned a name at the time.

afterwards, and when she finally got the ban she was very apologetic as she realised she had made a genuine mistake, as we all do. once again, the round was not affected atall by this and thus i feel the punishment is rather harsh for a harmless mistake and the lesson has been learnt

5. Lion

Hey @Crystalysed,

As you understand you were banned for ghosting and you are seeking to have it shortened. First, I am going to review the footage that I have gathered from this case and present it then get back to your original purpose of this appeal.

Here is the video of a culmination of things:

• To start you recognized early on in our conversation that you should have put push to talk on but you go on to say "It's too much work". This whole case could have been previously prevented.
    • Then the second part of this video you call out your t buddy for opening the traitor doors. However, you do not immediately call his name out until later in the video. This would have been fine since I was in spectate but since Dazza was alive and a detective he could have taken this information and acted on it.
    • The third and final part is you reflecting on a past ghosting experience you had where you had a friend who hacked and ghosted.
    Overall, I feel as if you could have prevented this at several points throughout our experience together in discord and on the server. My question before I act further on this appeal is how will you improve in the future in regards to preventing ghosting and similar actions? In the meantime you are free to play on all of our other servers.

Thank you for taking the time for making this appeal,
    ~Lion

6. Honestly I'm not mad or anything about being banned. I was mad at the time but now I've reflected on it and it was ghosting and I apologise for this really stupid mistake I have made. A little while after I was banned I went to another server and when Stitch and Ata joined the server and the discord I immediately turned on my push to talk. I am already trying to prove to people that I'm not a bad person and that it was all a long chain of accidents. While I like to speak my mind alot of the time in these videos it goes to show that I have an issue when it comes to shutting up. The situation in game was pretty annoying but I'm glad dazza didn't act on anything that I stupidly said. What I did was a childish mistake and an example of me not thinking. But again thank you for showing these videos because it gives me a different perspective of things.

7. Lion

Sorry I havn't responded yet,

I am currently out of town and have not been able to respond properly. I will reply when I have more time to write my formal response. Should be late tonight or tommorow.

~Lion

8. Lion

I originally wanted to go into depth in my response but for now, I will decline this appeal. Mainly, as you had several chances to prevent what happened and you have also had a similar experience in the past for which you were warned. In addition, you should own your mistakes and take more responsibility for your actions. In our rules, it is clearly stated that the ban is 4 weeks. I suggest you take this as a learning experience and try to improve upon yourself in a positive fashion.

Ban: Not Reduced
    Void: Not Voided

If you would like to discuss this further you can do so in a PM here.

Thank you for taking the time for making an appeal,
    ~Lion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.