Denied Cryptic's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Cryptic, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryptic

Cryptic New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Cryptic
    Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I asked an admin why I was banned and he told me because of rdm and leave. When I accidently rdmed a guy, it said I was going to be slain next round (logical). So, while keeping gmod on and on the server, I went to watch a youtube video and at that time did not leave the server. I believe 20 min later I realised I was playing gmod, clicked on the still running game and found out I was banned for 6 hrs. Currently I am unbanned, but I would like the first strike to be removed as I feel it is unjustified.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. News Network

News Network broken VIP

Hey @Cryptic, you were banned back on the 07/28/16 by @Nicol Bolas. This has since expired but you messaged me in-game saying you didn't know why and I instructed you to come here. Please be patient until he finds it convenient to respond.

FYI: The server you were banned on was West 2.

3. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

Hi there Cryptic, thanks for your patience.

So, in Round 6 of Innocent Motel, I got a report against you.

[​IMG]

Now, this is one of those rare occasions that I can use one screenshot for a number of things. Firstly, you can see that the report against you shows that you killed on suspicion. The logs show the player you killed wasn't the one who killed a player, nor were you in any position to know with certainty who had fired the shot. You can also see that this was the final round of the map, and the round is over (as shown by the timer in the bottom left), and that you left immediately after responding to the report. There was so little time after the round, I had to ban you on the next map, as shown here -

[​IMG]

So, unfortunately, your story doesn't add up. You did not accidentally RDM a guy, you wouldn't have gotten a slay notice, as I didn't have time to put one on you before you left, you didn't stay on the server to serve this slay, you weren't banned when you were online, nor were you banned for six hours.

Due to this, I will not be voiding this ban, and it will stay on your record. If you were to RDM and Leave for a second time, you would be banned for a longer period.

Appeal: DENIED
    Thread: LOCKED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.