Answered Costom binds with player names

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by MatthewXD, Feb 1, 2014.

1. MatthewXD

MatthewXD Member

Is there a way to have costom binds with player names in them just like how the "ttt_radio traitor" etc says the name of the person your looking at so you can say somthing like "(player's name) is a silly goose, kill him!" or whatever, the posibilities are endless. But get my idea right, RIGHT! If you can't then somone should make it so you can. Thanks bye.

2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

I don't think so...

3. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Highwon knows what it is and he has told me before although I don't remember exactly what it is. It is something like "sayeyetarget" or something along those lines. I have been wanting to make custom "x is a traitor" binds but none of the other codes for targets were working (%target% as an example).

4. PapaVodka

PapaVodka Big Daddy Overlord Banned

Let's see..I've seen "captain-vodka is a taitor", "captain-vodka is a traitor", and "next stop on jihad train: hell".
    Event Horizon and opouly have the first two but I forget who had the third..
    So yes, it is possible...but I can't reemember how...

5. Snak

Snak Banned

I'm not sure if you can actually make it so it shows up the name your looking at, but to make a custom bind just to say something such as a few I have just do "bind "z" "say SNAK IS THE TRAITOR KOS SNAK!!!"

Z can be replaced with any varaible and u can put any custom msg you wish.

6. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

bind [key] "say [message]"
    Whatever you put in the message will be written in chat when you press that button.

7. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Matthew and I are actually talking about the command that GMod uses to put the name of the player you are looking at into the "X is a traitor" message. Simply making a message for it won't work because you cannot use it when targeting someone.